AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing.

Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing. Discuss cameras, hardware, software and techniques. Show us your creations!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14th June, 2005, 02:25 PM
AOA Staff (should be working)

Send a message via ICQ to dod Send a message via Yahoo to dod

No probs, if you're struggling you know my email
Old 14th June, 2005, 02:31 PM
Mars Rover Champion, Joust Champion

Send a message via MSN to Kaitain Send a message via Skype™ to Kaitain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio
Some very nice images Kaitain, particularly the flowers. I would love to learn how to use all of these manual settings properly and get some shots like that.
You'll be pleased to know that I didn't exactly compose the shot, nor was especially capable of it after a goodly amount of Riesling, and that the shots were snapped in Auto mode

Last edited by Kaitain; 14th June, 2005 at 02:37 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14th June, 2005, 02:36 PM

Quote:
You think that could be it?
It certainly explains the strange settings. Looks like you might have your answer
Old 14th June, 2005, 02:37 PM
Steve Jobs

Soon as I get this camera back Ill have a go at some of the lizards in the yard lol. We have massive blue tounge lizards, water dragons, and other lizards that dent pool scoops when you hit them. Perfect creature for the novice photographer as the only move if you kick them. Just for a short 2 sentence guide to manually setting up a shot, what would you do, like set the ISO rate, then the white balance etc etc?

btw, Kaitain most artists were drunk or high when they did their best work Mozart, Bach, De Vinci, all either alcoholics or absinthe addicts. Sobriety inhibits creativity mate

Got a million of these critters "eastern wild water dragon" in the pool area, so many that ive got 4 looking at me through the window
Attached Thumbnails
Need to buy a Digital Camera, advice please.-eastern-water-dragon-w.jpg  
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles

Last edited by dsio; 14th June, 2005 at 02:42 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14th June, 2005, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Just for a short 2 sentence guide to manually setting up a shot, what would you do, like set the ISO rate, then the white balance etc etc?
I'd set it to standard Program AE, if it's bright ISO100, white balance to Auto for sunny, cloudy for cloudy , go for the highest resolution you can and push the button. The 72's near enough fully auto that it will pick it's own shutter/aperture combo.