AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing.

Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing. Discuss cameras, hardware, software and techniques. Show us your creations!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd December, 2004, 03:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to fantomfreq

Let's Throw Stuff!

The latest project for my Engineering 101 class was to construct a machine to throw a one-gallon jug of water 20 feet and hit a target as accurately as possible. The only constraint was that it had to fit into a three-foot cube. We tested them this morning and despite the cold, a good time was had by all. I thought it was very interesting to see some of the projects that other groups had come up with, not to mention it's always just fun to get the chance to throw things with a machine. I figured that you guys might like to see some of the pictures of the testing. Attached are three photos of the testing and one additional photo of my group's project in the loaded position, to better give you an idea of just how it works.
Attached Thumbnails
Let's Throw Stuff!-blurry.jpg   Let's Throw Stuff!-high.jpg   Let's Throw Stuff!-loaded.jpg   Let's Throw Stuff!-mygroup.jpg  
Old 3rd December, 2004, 04:14 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Very cool my friend.
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd December, 2004, 04:40 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Yer basic catapult. Very nice.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd December, 2004, 09:30 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

No one thought to just sit in a cube and throw it? ":O}

I always watch this stuff when I get the chance!! Very interesting and I can usually understand it, not often that happens!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 9th December, 2004, 06:42 PM
Member/Contributer

Not the sort of engineering I'm into, but engineering none the less! Interesting pictures, looks like a fun day to me!

In our introduction week for college, each group had 2 hours to build a bridge. It had to be tall enough for a beer bottle to go under it in a standing position, and be at least 0.5 meters long. It had to be wide enough for a toy truck to drive across it carrying a full beer.

Materials available: 5 packs of Un-cooked spaghetti, a role of thin tape, 4 sheets of A4 paper (~equivalent to Letter format) and 1 meter of thin string. Believe it or not, our design won the contest!
Old 9th December, 2004, 11:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to 5|*42 Send a message via MSN to 5|*42

i like daniel's idea :-P