AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing.

Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing. Discuss cameras, hardware, software and techniques. Show us your creations!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th August, 2005, 04:57 PM
Simon Champion, 3D Car Driver Champion, Taz's Dance Fever Champion, Arcanoid Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Break in the Crowd Champion, Mad Shark Champion, Quad Champion, Super Flash Mario Bros. Champion

video editing

Hi ppl, This isnt about image editing, more video editing, but wasnt sure where else to post it.

Ive been recording movie's on my digital camera of me my girlfriend and daughter and now i'd like to put them on to dvd. The files that come off the camera are .avi files, I have 7 so far ranging in size from 20 mins to 45 mins.
I have a program for converting the files from .avi to .vob its called winavi converter. But at the moment i can only burn 1 set of .vob files to the dvd, which means i would need lots of dvds, one for each clip i have.

Does anyone know how to burn multiple .vob images to a dvd? or a program that does it?

Or does anyone know of a good piece of video editing software that i can splice the 7 .avi files together to make one long file? I can then convert it to a .vob file and burn it like that.

i dont really want to copy my files into videocd format because of the lose of quality. I'd like them to be in dvd quality if poss.

can anyone help me out on this one fellas?

thanx
Old 10th August, 2005, 05:33 PM
Member/Contributer

Nero comes with a basic dvd authoring package which will convert avi's to dvd format and allow seperate videos and chapters and can do basic menu systems

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th August, 2005, 05:52 PM
Simon Champion, 3D Car Driver Champion, Taz's Dance Fever Champion, Arcanoid Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Break in the Crowd Champion, Mad Shark Champion, Quad Champion, Super Flash Mario Bros. Champion

ah, never thought about nero,
thanx for the idea, i'll have a play with it and see if i can get it to work.

cheers graham
Old 10th August, 2005, 06:00 PM
Member/Contributer

It is very basic but I found it simple and powerful enough to create a dvd from a vhs of my band playing with each song being selectable from a menu, I did however find it a bit lacking if all you have is one large .avi file but compiling several is a doddle

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th August, 2005, 06:20 PM

ok, i have nero express version 5. does it come with that?
which version of nero did you get it from?
Old 10th August, 2005, 06:48 PM
Member/Contributer

I'm on 6.6 which comes with nero vision express

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 10th August, 2005, 07:33 PM

looks like i'll have to upgrade to 6.6 then.
Old 11th August, 2005, 02:21 AM
Metal Wizard

I like using " sonic my DVD' If there is no editing involved. Just to pull everything into one dvd it will place a little piece of each clip on the page or pages depending on how many clips. And each clip has a little movement. It works quite well. For editing out video like you really mean it I use VideoVegas. Sony owns it now but,it is still a great product it will allow you to do things that only the big boys in hollywood could do unless you had a small fortune. It comes with DVD architect for converting your projects and burning them. you will want to get those videos converted as those miserable AVI files (The Format) Really eats up space!! Remember to defrag a lot when doing video work. As deleting them off the hdd leaves huge gaping holes in your file system!!

WZ
Old 12th August, 2005, 07:36 PM

A friend of mine had a copy of nero 6.6 with vision express.
Its a very good program for converting and burning to dvd, not to complicated yet it has enough options to do what you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weldzilla
Remember to defrag a lot when doing video work. As deleting them off the hdd leaves huge gaping holes in your file system!
i'll bear it in mind,thanx
Old 5th September, 2005, 04:34 AM

I also use Nero 6.6 But I also supplement it with several free tools
1. Pecks power joiner for joining avi files
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/pp_join.html
2. Vitrual dub for correcting movie flaws and joining errors
http://www.virtualdub.org/
3 The divx codec to reduce file size
http://www.divx.com/divx/codec.php
If you install the codec you can then use it in virtual dub to compress your file size with almost no loss in picture quality prior to burning with nero or even your current burner
Old 9th September, 2005, 02:46 PM

Thanx for the links tokr147, most helpful
Old 9th September, 2005, 04:55 PM
xD ~HOO-RAAH
Snake Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Pacman Champion, Capture The Flag Champion, Mario Bros Pipe Panic Champion, Dirt Bike 2 Champion

Send a message via MSN to Abdul

[QUOTE=ajopz I have a program for converting the files from .avi to .vob its called winavi converter. But at the moment i can only burn 1 set of .vob files to the dvd, which means i would need lots of dvds, one for each clip i have.

Does anyone know how to burn multiple .vob images to a dvd? or a program that does it?
[/QUOTE]

You can do this within WinAvi Coverter, instead of choosing one avi file, put them all in one folder and select them all when inside winavi... this way WinAvi creates all the .vob files into one video directory. PM if ya need some more extensive deatails....

Apart from this Nero Recode is fine (nero express)