AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing.

Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing. Discuss cameras, hardware, software and techniques. Show us your creations!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th February, 2006, 09:25 PM

rotate video image

Hi guys
Can anyone suggest software that can rotate a video clip.My daughter has been filming using her digital stills camera and some of the clips are on thier 'side'.Normally when she take a still shot with the camera, it adjusts itself/image to the turning of the camera from landscape to portrait.
Any advice greatly apreciated.
Thanks Steve
Old 28th February, 2006, 10:27 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

MS Paint can be used to rotate images in 90 degree increments. Or am I missing something?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th February, 2006, 10:35 PM

Hi Gizmo
I'm not familiar with MS paint will it work with a video ?. I think the videos my Daughter took with her digi cam are MOV files.

Last edited by bossa; 28th February, 2006 at 10:41 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th February, 2006, 10:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to fantomfreq

I know that Quicktime Pro will let you rotate/flip your movies, though that is $20 direct.
Old 28th February, 2006, 10:48 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossa
Hi Gizmo
I'm not familiar with MS paint will it work with a video ?. I think the videos my Daughter took with her digi cam are MOV files.
Ah, then I was missing something. MS Paint is an image editor, not a movie editor. It won't work with .MOVs.
Old 1st March, 2006, 01:26 AM

Fantom
I checked the Quicktime page http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObje....7.7.0.2.0#rev
looking at the customer reviews ,quicktime pro gets a very serious thumbs down.Maybe you have had better experience with it?
Thanks Steve
Old 1st March, 2006, 02:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to fantomfreq

I read a couple pages of the Windows reviews. While some of the problems did seem legitimate, many of the people sounded like they were expecting something that Quicktime Pro doesn't offer. QTP (in my experience) is great for converting available formats, and doing VERY basic corrections (slight color correction for example) but that's just about it. Keep in mind I haven't used the Windows version.

That said, I wouldn't consider the $30 purchase a worthy one for a couple tiny videos.

Also, there are quite possibly good (and maybe free) alternatives out there for the PC.
Old 1st March, 2006, 02:37 PM

Hi Fantom
In order to convert the MOV file I used Bink http://http://radgametools.com/
and to rotate I used Virtualdubhttp://www.virtualdub.org/
Both free and work fine
Thanks Steve