AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing.

Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing. Discuss cameras, hardware, software and techniques. Show us your creations!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30th August, 2006, 12:54 AM

Send a message via MSN to skool h8r

Cool Interstellar!

Hi all,
i recently found out that Daz3D are offering Bryce 5.0 for free (at their site). So, i've downloaded it as well as some of the free sampes in their shop. One that i downloaded was a spaceship and spacestation. So i've managed to make a theme around that. It's a work in progress and a first attempt so bear with me. I want to know your thoughts on this and how i can improve it and make it more realistic. Here's the first 2 images (ultra large res):
Attached Thumbnails
Interstellar!-interstellar_fight03_hd.jpg   Interstellar!-interstellar_fight04_hd.jpg  

YouTube - Benchmark Results (Coming Soon!)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th August, 2006, 05:33 PM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

Textures, textures, textures..

Oh and Depth of Field if you can pull it off.

XBL/PNS = neolad
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th August, 2006, 06:28 PM
AOA's resident barman

Send a message via ICQ to Favu Send a message via AIM to Favu Send a message via MSN to Favu

Any chance of an upload to AOA files?

Custom 8-bit Sharp Z80 @ 4.194304 MHz
Reflective LCD @ 160 × 144
8 kByte S-RAM

Old 30th August, 2006, 07:28 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Even a link for crying out loud...

Great stuff by the way..
Old 31st August, 2006, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favu
Any chance of an upload to AOA files?
Which one? The images or the bryce project file?

I've decided that it's going to be a fight in the air above a distant planet/new mexico. I've added a crashed ship on the ground, made the big ship in picture 1 mirrored, and added some boosters (including the flame and jet stream) to the big ship in picture 1. I've added some lighting here and there to give the impression of bright sunlight. As for texturing, i've never been very good at skinning models and in bryce (or Daz studio which is also free), i'm not sure how to. I can put a tiled texture on almost anything but skins is where i lose it (links to tutorials are welcome though). As for FOV, i think i can do that, saw a setting for it somewhere.

While i'm here, does anyone know where i can get some free bryce models. The file extension is .obp or .obj (.obj files need to be in bryce format though as others just will not import). I've scoured as much of the net as i can take without being carried off to the nut house. I'm looking for anything, for now, sci-fi are ideal but anything that could be used in future projects (bearing in mind that most will be based around war or conflict of some sort).

Old 31st August, 2006, 02:51 PM
AOA's resident barman

Send a message via ICQ to Favu Send a message via AIM to Favu Send a message via MSN to Favu

Lol the actual Bryce app would be a nice upload

Custom 8-bit Sharp Z80 @ 4.194304 MHz
Reflective LCD @ 160 × 144
8 kByte S-RAM

Old 2nd September, 2006, 03:32 AM

The blue light of the first two ships dosen't come from the same source, maybe the proportions (the station size is gargantous ans so the atacking ships. Just a laidman opinion. Great Job.

ASUS G73 SW, IE7, 20 GB DD3 ram

AOA Team fah
Old 2nd September, 2006, 03:39 AM

Send a message via MSN to Rondog

Nice! I've always loved space. Downloaded the two images, they're sweet.

Rig 1: Intel Core i5 750,4gb,HD6870,500gb,W7 Ult x64
Old 2nd September, 2006, 05:38 AM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

Link: http://www.download.com/Bryce/3000-6...trid=446713850

XBL/PNS = neolad
Old 2nd September, 2006, 07:00 PM

Well, after a lot of modding and tweaking, i got the issues sorted out. I've decided i'm not working on that one any more. I've worked on a different file now. It's called school trip, if you just look at it, it's nothing meaningful, but actually think about it, that's realisation. Once again, it's not brilliant but better than my original. There's also a render of my jesus model (made with Michael 3.0 and daz studio). Daz studio, Michael 3.0, Victoria 3.0 and akia (something like that) models are all available free from the Daz3d website. So, the images:
Attached Thumbnails
Interstellar!-school_trip01_hd.jpg   Interstellar!-jesus_01.jpg  

Old 8th September, 2006, 11:07 PM
AOA Staff

The bridge needs debris in the water and needs to look like concrete.