AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing.

Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing. Discuss cameras, hardware, software and techniques. Show us your creations!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th May, 2007, 02:28 PM
AOA Staff

Tenacious of Southampton - tall sailing ship

http://www.jst.org.uk/

Designed by Tony Castro, TENACIOUS is the largest wooden tall ship of her kind in the world. The innovative wood epoxy laminate build started in 1996 with a team made up of skilled designers, engineers, shipwrights and fitters headed up by ship build director Howard Mackenzie Wilson. These were supplemented by a volunteer force of over 1500 able bodied and disabled people who came on working "Shorewatch" holidays from all over the UK and abroad.
Attached Thumbnails
Tenacious of Southampton - tall sailing ship-tenacious.jpg   Tenacious of Southampton - tall sailing ship-tenacious_bow.jpg   Tenacious of Southampton - tall sailing ship-tenaciuos_southampton.jpg   Tenacious of Southampton - tall sailing ship-masts.jpg  
Old 26th May, 2007, 11:51 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Just beautiful! I've been thinking for quite some time how little hurt the world would be should we return to sail as our main means of aquatic propulsion.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th May, 2007, 11:54 AM

The news about the Cutty Sark was dreadful. How anyone could do such a thing is beyond imaginaiton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2000me
Skinny people are not petite in every aspect of the body, let me tell you that
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio
I was searching for a synonym for testicles that rhymed with hats

[/FONT]

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th May, 2007, 01:23 PM
AOA's resident barman

Send a message via ICQ to Favu Send a message via AIM to Favu Send a message via MSN to Favu

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghastpumpkin
The news about the Cutty Sark was dreadful. How anyone could do such a thing is beyond imaginaiton.

Custom 8-bit Sharp Z80 @ 4.194304 MHz
Reflective LCD @ 160 × 144
8 kByte S-RAM

Old 27th May, 2007, 03:09 PM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

ooo i was down by the docks yesterday, but those pics arent southampton! if people are interested when its in its home port i can go pay it a visit

Seems she launched 7 years ago, i have seen a tall ship in port every now and then!

Last edited by keithwalton; 27th May, 2007 at 03:11 PM.
Old 27th May, 2007, 03:19 PM
AOA Staff

There's a timetable here:
http://www.jst.org.uk/frames/index.php?pages=page1009

She's off to Dublin today.
Old 27th May, 2007, 04:19 PM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

she'll be around over the summer then
Old 27th May, 2007, 05:49 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

What is it about sail? I can watch a ship ten times the size and shrug, but if I see a sail I want to know everything! Where's she going, been?

How many can sail aboard? When do we leave? Sail was and is a gift from the Earth, we need only spread those wings to fly across the waters. Who wouldn't accept a degree of danger to sail across the waters":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 27th May, 2007, 07:48 PM
AOA Staff

This is the same place at a different time. My great grandfather used to captain a small sailing ship for the merchant navy. He would dock here every now and then. All the beaches for miles around were covered in small ships being built by shipwrights. I've got an old invoice around somewhere which details all the repairs carried out on his ship.
Attached Thumbnails
Tenacious of Southampton - tall sailing ship-ships.jpg  
Old 27th May, 2007, 10:28 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I'm convinced the world will take to sail again, that maybe a picture of your future.":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur