AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing.

Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing. Discuss cameras, hardware, software and techniques. Show us your creations!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th January, 2009, 06:28 PM
AOA Staff

US considers audible warnings for cameraphones

See front page:
AOA - US considers audible warnings for cameraphones

Meanwhile, the actual villains simply disable the alarm or use a silent camera. Leaving everyone else having to use cameras which make annoying noises.
Old 28th January, 2009, 07:24 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Here I am with my brand new camera....I've spent hours creeping up upon the spotted twit, rarest bird in North America, My first shot is a bit blocked by a branch, but my second shot....oh, sorry there won't be a second shot!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Last edited by Daniel ~; 29th January, 2009 at 08:46 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th January, 2009, 01:18 PM
Mars Rover Champion, Joust Champion

Send a message via MSN to Kaitain Send a message via Skype™ to Kaitain

This law already exists in Japan where they've had a problem with chikans for quite some time. Following complaints that these guys had moved from inappropriate body contact to taking upskirts shots of schoolgirls, the Japanese already require all phones sold there to make an audible click when they take a snap. Pretty much every phone I've owned with a camera already makes a similar noise - a synthesised camera whirr.

Of course, if you use a Windows-mobile based phone the click happens some time after you take a picture giving you ample time to remove the camera from your victims undergarments and back into your pocket
Old 29th January, 2009, 06:19 PM
AOA Staff

It's nothing a good sturdy pair of bloomers wouldn't take care of.
Old 29th January, 2009, 08:53 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Here we are again. We have a very useful and popular device that is of wide benefit to the world...that we must now modify or change to prevent our abuse of it...

Yet we have gun laws to ensure any one deranged enough to want to kill dozens can get one...or twenty...

If we see the need to modify a freaking camera to prevent a picture from being taken...Why do we do so little to prevent that fatal shot from being fired...

I just don't understand the thinking behind the priorities of my fellows...so shoot me! LOL
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th January, 2009, 09:03 PM
AOA Staff

Same goes for cars, nothing to stop you from driving at 150 mph through a town center. But, the top speeds of cars could easily be physically restricted.
Old 29th January, 2009, 10:22 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Does this mean that one can't use one's shoe mounted camera with impunity? Some people really need to get a life. Shoe mounted camera? Even I'm not that twisted.