AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing.

Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing. Discuss cameras, hardware, software and techniques. Show us your creations!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th November, 2010, 06:57 PM

Thumbs up Custom EVGA Precision Skin for 400 Series Cards

I found this base skin file that you can decompile & modify to what you want if you want a custom skin for Precision...that's if you're using it like I am instead of MSI Afterburner.
The first pic is the base skin, the second my modification, the 3rd is the original skin that comes with your new card on the disk.

I made one for my card [EVGA GTX 470 Superclocked Edition] when I get it as you can see in the pic below...

The base skin file is in the attachment named 400SeriesSkin.rar if you want to fool around with this
like I did...

Here's the info for decompiling, compiling the file.

Make a shortcut to the EVGA Precision.exe...say desktop & click properties.

Then change the target line to this...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EVGA Precision\EVGAPrecision.exe" -ds 400SeriesSkin

This will decompile the default skin into a folder called "400SeriesSkin" in you skins directory.

Rename the folder to YOURCUSTOMNAME (any name describing the skin or w/e)

To copile your changed BMPs, THEY MUST BE 24bit bmp files. Make sure you change the HEADER file (can be changed with text/wordpad) You will see:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EVGA Precision\EVGAPrecision.exe" -cs YOURCUSTOMNAME

It will then make YOURCUSTOMNAME.usf file.

Change Author & skin name info in Header file using Notepad.
Attached Thumbnails
Custom EVGA Precision Skin for 400 Series Cards-evga-custom-skinbase-400-series-cards.jpg   Custom EVGA Precision Skin for 400 Series Cards-custom-gtx-470-skin-modified-muff1n.jpg   Custom EVGA Precision Skin for 400 Series Cards-evga-precision-gtx-470-skin-evga.png  
Attached Files
File Type: rar 400SeriesSkin.rar (374.7 KB, 162 views)

EVGA GTX 470 SC 37% OC (855/1710/2004) 160.5Gbs
3DMark Vantage: P24352
3DMark 11: P5119

Last edited by MUff1N; 29th November, 2010 at 11:26 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!