AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing.

Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing. Discuss cameras, hardware, software and techniques. Show us your creations!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 21st October, 2002, 07:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to ByteWipe

Quote:
Originally posted by Pinky
Okay, first, she's not "great", but she does follow Alanis down that morbid road of teen-pop idol...

I heard some of her album and it, frankly, stinks! The music is "Okay" at its best and lyrics are disgustingly childish and boring. I actually have "Jagged little pill" and it's a great album because it's dynamic and the message haunting... step back for a moment and listen to what Avril is singing about, then listened / read some of Alanis's lyrics... difference between puberty and, well, pre.
Amen to that. Ill quote my friend here when he described her as:
"the personification of everything wrong and unjust in the world"
Hehe, methinks he's a little bitter.

The thing that gets me is that she seems to be trying to tap a market that is obviously now becoming fashionable. With the rise of rock become more popular, and extreme sports, she's obviously going to appeal to lotsa people. However, if it were another fashion would she still be the same rocking skater chick?

And pardon me, but Sk8ter Boi? Im sorry, since when has the music industry started becoming retards? ...... dont answer that....

And i agree on the lyrics, wanna listen to something more deep, then its Rage Against the Machine all the way baby

Main Rig: AMD XP 2000+ @ 1790Mhz (142Mhz FSB), Leadtek Winfast K7N415DA Mobo, Leadtek WinFast A250LE TD GF4 Ti4200 64MB @ 305/589, Crucial 256MB DDR PC2100 RAM, 92GB hard drive space, Chieftec Scorpio TX-10BD Case, 2 Papst 80mm Case Fans (40cfm each), Akasa AK-821 2Q Silent CPU Cooler (20cfm). Win XP Pro. 45C idle, 54C full load. 3DMark2001SE: 11020

Server: AMD K6-2 500Mhz @ 550Mhz (110Mhz FSB), Gigabyte GA-5AX Mobo, S3 Trio 4MB, 224MB P100 RAM, stock CPU cooler. Win 2000 Pro
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!