AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing. (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/64-digital-image-photo-video-audio-editing/)
-   -   Photo Assignment - RED - POLL (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/digital-image-photo-video-audio-editing/32764-photo-assignment-red-poll.html)

hoinar 6th September, 2005 12:29 PM

I agree totty, I even know who made that photo :p I have a bookmark on that guys webpage...but I don't think we're on this contest to judge the quality or the professionalism of the pics...because if it were so at least I wouldn't vote here.

captaincurran 6th September, 2005 05:47 PM

I like letter A, very nice composition, and pretty :)

danrok 7th September, 2005 05:48 PM

Get your vote in before the poll closes sometime soonish...

dsio 8th September, 2005 04:54 AM

I like C. Lateral thinking goes a long way in my book, and the subject itself is very interesting too.

dod 8th September, 2005 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrok
Get your vote in before the poll closes sometime soonish...

Deadline's this friday, although I'm thinking it's going to need a bigger swing than Tiger Woods driver to make a difference :p

Gizmo 8th September, 2005 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsio
I like C. Lateral thinking goes a long way in my book, and the subject itself is very interesting too.

I agree. I liked it because it because it was a non-obvious twist on the theme. (Non-obvious in the sense that I had to actually stop for just a moment and think about how the subject matter applied to the theme.)

dod 9th September, 2005 07:33 PM

The Poll is closed. WINNER to be announced shortly, just as soon as I've had my curry :D

Kaitain 9th September, 2005 07:43 PM

Ooh curry! I was trying to decide what to eat tonight - you've just decided for me :D

dod 9th September, 2005 08:08 PM

that was a bit tasty, chicken balti :D

Okay, the winner is, quite obviously, picture C, congratulations to

KAITAN!!!

Well done K, great shot, very original and well taken :)

Toro 9th September, 2005 09:16 PM

played Kaitan... now photo 'K' has some more meaning

danrok 9th September, 2005 10:47 PM

Curry? All I have had is beer. Now I want a curry...

Well done Kaitain and you whipped Dod!

Despite your excellence, I think Dod was holding back!

Kaitain 9th September, 2005 10:51 PM

Hehe I'm pleased to see that people got my subliminal hint ;)

This was actually a crop from the middle of a much much larger picture. It's taken from a carved basin retaining-wall outside the Bund museum in Shanghai. Apart from military buildings (which are not good to snap), it was one of the few bits of commie-tat I could find.

I guess this means I have to think up a theme... *sigh* I have no idea.

Kaitain 10th September, 2005 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrok
Despite your excellence, I think Dod was holding back!

Ya, his was the better shot, though it reminded me of something that is definitely not PG13

dod 10th September, 2005 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaitain
Ya, his was the better shot, though it reminded me of something that is definitely not PG13

:eek: :eek:

Nah, I was struggling to get a decent shot. Yours is original and well taken, I'd have been well happy to have taken it. :) Like your idea for a new subject though.

Kaitain 10th September, 2005 01:46 PM

Hehe, which part of it? The subject, the parallel subject, or the optional extra? ;)

captaincurran 11th September, 2005 11:41 PM

mine was photo A

Kaitain 12th September, 2005 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captaincurran
mine was photo A

It was pretty, but I had to vote for my own on principle ;)

I hope you'll join in the next competition - "dark". Bear in mind this doesn't have to feature a lot of night-time shots. Black comedy, the macabre, the surreal and the morbid can still fit the theme.

kellamne 12th September, 2005 11:16 PM

Lots of road kill aroun

Kaitain 13th September, 2005 12:27 AM

hmm... you kill it, we grill it ;)

http://www.road-kill-cafe.com/roadkill.html

chrisbard 13th September, 2005 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaitain
It was pretty, but I had to vote for my own on principle ;)

I hope you'll join in the next competition - "dark". Bear in mind this doesn't have to feature a lot of night-time shots. Black comedy, the macabre, the surreal and the morbid can still fit the theme.

Hmmmmm, I smell he's having an ACE up his sleeve :rolleyes: