AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing. (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/64-digital-image-photo-video-audio-editing/)
-   -   Upload your wallpaper creations to aoafiles! (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/digital-image-photo-video-audio-editing/9399-upload-your-wallpaper-creations-to-aoafiles.html)

Pinky 19th September, 2002 09:17 PM

Upload your wallpaper creations to aoafiles!

Feel free to upload any original (or non-copy protected) wallpapers to aoafiles.

They will eventually be moved to this folder on aoafiles for all to share.

LP 1st September, 2003 11:57 PM

A couple wallpapers

Here's a couple wallpapers I made. They are smaller than full screen, but can be used nicely, centered on a black background.

There's one is for XP fans~

and one for Linux fans~

Enjoy :cool:

Allan 2nd September, 2003 07:34 AM

Looks nice! What program do you use, LP?

LP 2nd September, 2003 08:32 AM

I have a few different programs, but those were made in Xara3D4. :)

mookydooky 18th October, 2003 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my current wallpaper. I have it stretched to 1024x800. It's a scene from a Korean comedy called Jail Breakers. The fellow in the picture has stolen a pastry because he was hungry and the cops are trying to stop him from eating it.

Daniel ~ 18th October, 2003 06:27 PM

I was pissed off all day yesterday and couldn't figure out why! Then late last night it hit me what was eating my liver!

I had just learned a new statistic:
11,000,000 children starve to death each year!

There's plenty of food to feed them... but we don't just give away food now do we? And hey, if the first world fed THEM, wouldn't we have to feed their starving parents (if they are still alive) As well?

They must die that capitalism may remain an untamed and wild beast at the table. Easier to let them die than for the world to face our oppressors and revolt!

"Everything that goes to extremes meets with misfortune."

Chernobyl 9th January, 2005 04:07 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I took some photos which I use for backdrops.

In order they are:
The dawn sky outside my front door
San Francisco from top of the big hill near it :)
Yosemite Falls from the top looking over
Sunrise from the side of the house.

A friend has an excellent one of Glastonbury 2004 but I need his permission to post it. I'm hopefull

Edit: damn, the photo is part of a portfolio, sorry :)

fantomfreq 9th January, 2005 05:39 AM

I love those pictures. The wonders of digital photography, huh?

I've found that the only disadvantage to having a widescreen computer is the fact that the resolution is a little funny. My monitor runs at 1440 x 900, making most wallpapers look funny on my screen. For the longest time I ran the default Apple wallpaper but about a month ago I changed it to most of a picture that I took at a concert not too long ago. It cuts off the bottom of the image when I set it as my wallpaper, but it works great for the image.

Chernobyl 10th January, 2005 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fantomfreq
I love those pictures. The wonders of digital photography, huh?

I've found that the only disadvantage to having a widescreen computer is the fact that the resolution is a little funny. My monitor runs at 1440 x 900, making most wallpapers look funny on my screen. For the longest time I ran the default Apple wallpaper but about a month ago I changed it to most of a picture that I took at a concert not too long ago. It cuts off the bottom of the image when I set it as my wallpaper, but it works great for the image.

Cheers :)

Have you tried making any panoramas with your own photography?
There is an amazing package called 'The Panorama Factory' which is easy to use. This would make nice widescreen backdrops.

fantomfreq 10th January, 2005 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chernobyl
Have you tried making any panoramas with your own photography?

Yep, I've expiremented with it. Photoshop CS has a great tool that will let you make a panorama. Right now I'm happy with my normal desktop being cut off a little bit, but I might do something different later down the line.

danrok 11th January, 2005 12:05 AM

I'm using the San Francisco one as my wall paper now. I like the view from up here! :D

barneygumble742 11th January, 2005 05:51 PM

the only thing i have that i like is a screenshot from final fantasy: spirits within.

i'd like to get something from star wars. cloud city perhaps.

Chernobyl 11th January, 2005 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrok
I'm using the San Francisco one as my wall paper now. I like the view from up here! :D

Glad you like :)
I was amazed at the detail my camera captured.
Strangely it didnt seem so high while stood on the hill. The photo looks further away.

mashakos 17th January, 2005 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my wallpaper. signifies my pc's hardware and temps :p

Ranger56 22nd January, 2005 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mashakos
my wallpaper. signifies my pc's hardware and temps :p

LoL, good one. mine would be a picture of the sun or hell. (68-70 C)

ajopz 24th April, 2005 09:16 PM

My current desk top pic is sephiroth from final fantasy 7 with his back turned surrounded by flames, it looks bad!

Rondog 25th April, 2005 04:14 PM

http://www.dvd-game.servehttp.com/im...mmando%201.jpg

JC Denton 11th July, 2005 10:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
2 of my early-stage photoshop CS experiments... :p

Apap 1st August, 2005 07:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my current wallpaper.
It's from my backyard. ;)

Daniel ~ 1st August, 2005 07:09 PM

Can I download your back yard? Beautiful!