AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th November, 2002, 11:13 PM

turning off onboard graphics

I can't for thel life of me find in bios where to turn off the extreme graphics so i can install my gforce 4 card.
as of now if i put it in everything gets fried on my screen.
its not a driver, i need to turn off the graphics built in.
is it just me? i can't find it and i have been over bios a few times.....it has to be there.
anybody?
Old 10th November, 2002, 12:45 AM

I am still using the integrated graphics so I'm not sure but I was under the impression that you just install your AGP card and the integrated graphics are automatically turned off. The only thing I found in the bios was under Integrated Peripherals where it says Init Display First you have a choice of selecting Onboard/AGP or PCI Slot. I would try reseating your AGP card and see if that helps. If you have not already tried that.
Old 10th November, 2002, 12:52 AM

i was under that impression also, but according to my friend who is deeply into computers and also has the 4g4a there is somewhere inside the bios that you actually disable so that you dont get driver conflicts.
i have yet to ask him but he has a newer bios rev then i do and it might show up for him as an option and not for me with my original bios.
it sucks to have a gforce 4200 you can't use.
dont even try to play any recent game with the built in graphics, it will fry your screen until you reboot.
Old 10th November, 2002, 01:22 AM

That does suck. The only other thing I found was under Advanced Chipset Features. Theres an ON-Chip Video Window Size and a On-Chip VGA Turbo Mode setting. Have you tried disabling these?
Old 10th November, 2002, 01:55 AM

i did try that, no go......it doesnt seem to do anything really
i can run my card, i just can't install any drivers cause of the conflict. atleast i can see my screen but its not the way i want it.
i am sure somebody has this board and put in a card and figured out how to do it. normally cards are easy and just work but not this time.
i would of rather of not had any onboard graphics, then this wouldnt of been a problem.
Old 10th November, 2002, 02:38 AM

I believe if your driver is the problem I would uninstall onboard driver, then install vidcard driver, After your sure all goes well go to system management and disable onboard video.

Any better Ideas?

It worked for me on another system.
HD5570 ATI
750w Antec PSU
500g x 2 Seagate
160g x 2 Seagate mirrored
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th November, 2002, 02:52 AM

When you uninstalled the driver for the integrated graphics did you reboot back into windows and make sure the driver was uninstalled before you installed the AGP Card? What happens when you try to insall the AGP Driver?
Old 10th November, 2002, 03:07 AM

The first time yes, but it was a disaster trying to boot to install new driver I ended up adding 2nd operating OS to get back in. As an experiment I did it the 2nd time as described above and the system is still running as my backup 24/7.

G
HD5570 ATI
750w Antec PSU
500g x 2 Seagate
160g x 2 Seagate mirrored
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!