AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 23rd November, 2002, 12:47 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Graham Skelly

Question 4G4A Failure to install/recognise drivers and chipset

Motherboard EP 4G4AE

Processor: Intel 2.4 GHz
Memory: 256mB PC2100

Video card: Creative Labs GeForce 256

Current woes and grief...

1. Attempt to run the 'Intel Chipset Inf Files (4.00.1009) utility from the supplied CD fails with the warning ... The Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility requires a supported chipset platform running on a supported operating system.

2. After an attempt to install a LAN card or internal modem the operating system fails to start when attempting to load NDIS.VXD

3. the only System Properties that are seemingly loaded/working are: PCI bus (two entries; one with driver loaded, the other fails to load a driver), PCI standard host CPU bridge, PCI standard ISA bridge, PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge. The entry for PCI System Management Bus fails to load a driver.

All and any solutions will be tried at this time - including using the board as a target in a hatchet throwing competition Even putting a newer OS will be attempted (I have SuSe LInux 8 available)

TIA
Graham
Old 23rd November, 2002, 08:42 PM

You may have to download win98 driers from Intel themselves.

Im not entirely sure if win98 is still fully suported, you might need win98SE or ME as a minimum.

To be honest an upgrade to WinXp will pay dividends on a high end P4 system. Shame to stifle brand new hardware with a 4 year old OS.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th November, 2002, 12:43 AM

I have mine set up as a dual boot using Win 98SE and XP pro and I have had no problems. Is your Win 98 the second edition? If not that could be your problem.Also try using the integrated graphics.
The integrated graphics seem to be on par or better than my Geforce 256.

Last edited by terminalmind; 24th November, 2002 at 12:56 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!