AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd December, 2002, 01:54 AM

Dumb Question For EPoX Tech

This might be a dumb question, but something I need to know. I found two bios updates for my 8KMM+, one on the Taiwan EPoX site and one on the EPoX German site. My question is...are these bios updates in the respective languages of the websites? Since I don't know these languages (Speak English), I wanted to make sure I didn't flash my bios and not be able to read anything. The file names are "8kmm2626.exe" on the German site, and "8KMM2326.zip" on the Taiwan site. I opened each of the .bin files in notepad, and there are English phrases in the file, but I'm not sure that means everything is in English. I have previous experience flashing a bios, but never tried an EPoX before. Neither of these are on any English speaking sites that I can find by the way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jim
Old 5th December, 2002, 12:12 AM

Maybe this really is a dumb question?
Old 5th December, 2002, 12:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to mASh_TiL_DeAD

i personally have downloaded and flashed my bios with files from both the German and Taiwan sites. it did not change my "language" displayed in the bios itself. the different bios numbers maybe an indication of different bios dates.
Leadtek A250 Ti4200
Kingston pc2700 512mb
SB Live 5.1
D-Link NIC
plex 12/10/32a
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th December, 2002, 01:03 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

I never thought about this...How DO they know which language my BIOS is in?? Maybe it's a lucky guess...naw.

Welcome to our forums kimnjim! As you may notice this is a very busy time for our EPoX techs, that I'm sure this the reason they haven't answered your question...or mine! LOL
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th December, 2002, 01:13 AM

Thanks for your replies. I had done this with other boards, but wasn't sure if EPoX was going to be different. I guessed the numbers were revisions already, but wasn't sure if the language was site specific or not. I just didn't want a bunch of stuff on the screen and not be able to know how to get back where I was. Thanks also for your welcome as well.

Jim