AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 5th December, 2002, 07:03 PM

HELP with 8RDA keeps crashing in the bois and win2000

i have a 8RDA 2600xp 333fsb and 512 stick of xms cosiar ram
if i set the fsb to 166 it just keeps crashing any help please so far i have it set to 133 and it seems fine but the cpu is a 333fsb any ideas please

Last edited by active; 6th December, 2002 at 01:52 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th December, 2002, 12:22 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

BUMP!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th December, 2002, 12:43 AM

It should work, what kind of PSU? What ram timings? Do you have fans hooked up to the mobo fan headers?
Old 6th December, 2002, 01:50 AM

installed the lastest beta bios it works ok in the bios now but keeps locking up in win2000 if i set it to 133fsb works fine when i set it to 166 keeps locking up im useing a 400 watt psu no fans but im useing a prommie at -37 and left hand side of the case is open please help is the board no good? ram timeing and just 166 just default setting
Old 6th December, 2002, 02:00 AM

Did you setup the options in the bios to expert( mem)? The spd programming SEEMS to be wrong there( according to Corsair ). You want to manually set the options. Only thing that should be at default is the cpu. Some folks have had more luck with the "Optimal" setting. I have mine set to aggressive, and expert.
Try that, and adjust the timings.
Old 6th December, 2002, 02:07 AM

what should i set every thing 2
i just set the muliplyer to 12 and fsb 2 166 to make a 2400xp
waht should i the settign be please
Old 6th December, 2002, 02:15 AM

If that is clock 2 memory I would try 2-2-4 ( or 5)- 2. I would leave the cpu at default to start, and set fsb to 166 and mem to synch.

These are just starting points, to get you to run mem higher and find out if anything is wrong.
Old 6th December, 2002, 07:10 PM

Any help on this please still crashing
Old 6th December, 2002, 07:26 PM

i have the ram set to 2.5 6 2 2
still crashing
i set the vcore to 1.85 i got one beep like the system was boting up then the pc just turned its self off i had to reset the bios any ideas whats up with this thing?
Old 6th December, 2002, 07:27 PM

I Take it that board is inside the case, since your using a prommie. If it were me ( and I would really hate to have to do this- cuz of the hassle ) I would take the board out of the case and try it with only needed hardware installed.

On something non-conductive.

You will obviously have to hookup another hsf to run it.
Old 6th December, 2002, 07:29 PM

that my next step im getting to instal win xp and try that if that does not work going to run it with out a case with heat sink but if any one as any ideas please let me know
thanks
Old 6th December, 2002, 07:36 PM

Just for giggles you could try moving the ram to different slots.............

I wouldnt think you would have to up the vdimm at the speed your asking it to go.
Old 6th December, 2002, 08:12 PM

Because time after time I have seen that to be the case( shorts), and it's better than buying all kinds of new stuff only to find out that doesn't work because it was shorting. Alot of the folks here are talking about bootup problems at high fsb also, some at standard speeds, but I've seen that on alot of different boards.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Epox is perfect by any means.

Last edited by muzz; 6th December, 2002 at 08:14 PM.
Old 6th December, 2002, 11:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jinkeez Send a message via AIM to Jinkeez

Quote:
Originally posted by airspirit
If everybody is having severe booting problems (or at least quite a few of us), why do we keep telling people to check that the board isn't shorting to the case.

That is wrong.

I agree with you--any issues that come to light and that EPoX is responsible for should be addressed by EPoX, but that doesn't mean everyone should immediately discount the possiblity their board is shorting against the case. Before EPoX can determine exactly what sort of problems we're having, we need to provide them with correct information, and that includes checking for every common and mundane problem they can think of. Failing to do so is bad troubleshooting and makes everyone suffer because it can make it more difficult to find the actual problem or pinpoint the conditions under which the problem occurs.

I know you've said that shorting isn't the problem in your issue, so I hope you do find what the problem is soon. I read a post by someone in one of the threads here that said they were having problems until they noticed that a trace had beed cut/scratched, perhaps during packing or shipping, and after a quick patch job with some conductive paint they were up and running as good as new. Could your board be scratched somewhere?

Hope you get this problem squared away!

Last edited by Daniel ~; 7th December, 2002 at 02:04 AM.