AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th December, 2002, 03:25 AM

Maybe i should have gotten another board..

I dont have my 8RDA+ yet but im hearing wayyyyyyy too many horror stories on this board now and many good things about other boards. It has actually been CONFIRMED that the other boards locks the PCI, heh. Haven't heard bout this memory problem either that ppl are having on the 8RDA+ either. I have stuck by epox through 4 mobo upgrades in the past but i really think i made a mistake this time
Old 6th December, 2002, 03:49 AM

don't say that..... see my other posts.... computer hardware isn't that simple.... overall 8rda+ did give me some problems. but so far I only blame one it is actually Epox at fault where as all of other problems are mine.

Problem #1: Machine refuses to start at all.

Solution #1: reverse the ATX Power On connector on the mobo. Make ground wire connect to the positive.

Problem #2: Bios wouldn't allow me to access lower multiplier.

Solution #2: Dumb a$$ me, I download the wrong bios and it is solved after I flashed 8rda2c03

Problem #3: WinXP refuse to boot using an old copy of WinXP installed over 8KHA+

Solution #3: Move the HDs to Promise FastTrek ATA 100 Controller Card.

Problem #4: Asus GF Ti 4200 AGP 8x only score 7200 pts for 3dmarks 2001.

Solution #4: Although it didn't show in the Window Device manager, I do have a conflict. My GF4 card, onboard IDE1 controller and also my SBLive 5.1 card all were using IRQ 10. I disabled onboard IDE1 controller since I am using the ATA 100 card and also I switch to onboard sound and I have to say bye bye to my LIVE Drive for the time being.

Problem #5: Unable to reach FSB 154mhz and above.

Solution #5: Get new RAM. Crucial PC 2100 has reached its limit and even though I tried lower the multiplier and also use 75% raito for the memory fsb it still wouldnt low. Of course all the timing on the ram I use the slowest. Corsair PC3500 hopefully will solve this problem

Problem #6: In accurate Temp reading for the CPU, System

Solution #6: Waiting updated MBM5 or hopefully Epox will sort this out. FIX IT
Old 6th December, 2002, 03:52 AM

it really is too early for me to say anything ur right...im just hearing things i dont want to be hearing as i wait for it to get here. I dont know what i hate more than rebuilding my whole pc and find out my mobo is flaky.