AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12th December, 2002, 01:17 PM

anyone managed to install the latest Epox 8RDA+ drivers?

I cant boot into windows when i installed the latest board drivers from here:

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=nforce_udp_winxp_2.00

I had to revert back to a previous working configuration.

whats going on?

XP2700+, Epox 8RDA+, Radeon 9700, 1gig PC2700, SB Audigy2, silver mountain 2 cooling.

www.andybee.zen.co.uk
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th December, 2002, 01:33 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

I've had the 2.00 drivers loaded from day 1.

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th December, 2002, 01:35 PM

me too

did you install service pack first ?

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Old 12th December, 2002, 01:37 PM

I loaded the 1.13 drivers off the Epox CD to get my network port going......then downloaded and installed 2.00 without any problems.......Win2K (no SP installed yet)........
Old 12th December, 2002, 01:37 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

Quote:
Originally posted by Holst
me too

did you install service pack first ?
Nope. Installed the original drivers that were on the CD first. Then I updated to the newer drivers. Then I updated to WinXP SP1. Then the rest of the dozen or so updates that were left.

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Old 12th December, 2002, 01:39 PM

I installed the serive pack then installed 2.00

You might have to remove the disk drivers before putting 2.0 on.

Although doimg the serivice pack first is the best way so you get full functionality

Old 12th December, 2002, 02:31 PM

Ive have Windows XP with SP1 installed(SP1 came on the XP CD), i used the Epox CD(1.3?) with the M/B first, then upgraded tp 2.0.

When overclockers.co.uk reviewed the board(http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...threadid=20513), they had the same problem, they mailed Epox and they said noone else had reported this problem, heh now i have.

Another thing is, ever since reverting back to the previous working configuration, ive not been able to run the installer for the 2.0 m/b drivers.

XP2700+, Epox 8RDA+, Radeon 9700, 1gig PC2700, SB Audigy2, silver mountain 2 cooling.

www.andybee.zen.co.uk

Last edited by Buzz_UK; 12th December, 2002 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12th December, 2002, 02:52 PM

By the way its easy to slipstream SP 1 into ur copy of XP. I can give instructions to anyone who doesn't know
Raptor raid
2 x SATA 300GB Maxtor HDD's
Enermax 600W Noisetaker PSU
Geforce 6800GT
Audigy 2.
Old 12th December, 2002, 05:46 PM

Finally, I'm not alone. Yes.. I have this problem. System seems to run ok w/ pre-2.0 drivers. As soon as I put the 2.0 drivers on, the system is a total slug. It freezes, reboots, crashes.. you name it. Not very pretty. I struggled with this for hours last night. Came *very* close to yanking the board and returning it. We'll see how this progresses..

FWIW, the only components you and I share are 1) EPoX 8RDA+ and 2) ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

Hrm.. ATI? Too bad I don't have a GF4, or something else to replace the ATI with and test.
Old 12th December, 2002, 06:13 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jinkeez Send a message via AIM to Jinkeez

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay T
By the way its easy to slipstream SP 1 into ur copy of XP. I can give instructions to anyone who doesn't know
I haven't done any slipstreaming before, I'd love to read your instructions on it.
Old 12th December, 2002, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by magnux
[B]Finally, I'm not alone. Yes.. I have this problem. System seems to run ok w/ pre-2.0 drivers. As soon as I put the 2.0 drivers on, the system is a total slug. It freezes, reboots, crashes.. you name it. Not very pretty.
i dont even get that far, i just get DOS text menu asking what i want to do before the windows loading screen comes up.

im waiting for a mail from Epox, i hope they get back to me. If i get a usefull reply, ill post here and hopefully it will help you out too.

www.andybee.zen.co.uk
Old 12th December, 2002, 06:29 PM

Ok, anybody running the 2.0 drivers with a 9700 and doing ok ?

Old 12th December, 2002, 06:51 PM

just as a reminder that i cant get the installer to work anymore either.

if i could get the installer to run again, perhaps it would install correctly this time, i reckon my PC thinks that the drivers are already installed.

www.andybee.zen.co.uk
Old 13th December, 2002, 12:38 PM

Formatted drive and did a complete reinstall, didnt use the Epox driver CD(just used latest drivers),with the bios on optimized settings and everything installed perfect.

thank god

running very well

www.andybee.zen.co.uk
Old 13th December, 2002, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Buzz_UK
Formatted drive and did a complete reinstall, didnt use the Epox driver CD(just used latest drivers),with the bios on optimized settings and everything installed perfect.

thank god

running very well
Heh, I tried the same thing.. no change. The V2 drivers totally fubar'd the system... AGAIN.
Old 13th December, 2002, 04:11 PM

Magnux are you perchance loading the ide driver??? If you are then uninstall the 2.0 driver pack and reboot and see if your HD is being seen as a udma drive or a pio mode drive in Windows? Mine was seen as a pio mode drive and no matter what I did couldn't get rid of the problem (bought anothr drive problem went away)! What gave me the hint to look for was installing the driver pack and the ide drivers fubarring the whole system corrupting my os you name it it did it!
Saphire X3870
X-Fi Music Extreme
ATI 650 TV Wonder
Western Digital 74 Raid 0
Western Digital 74
Plextor 716A DVD-RW
Plextor PX116A DVD
Antec P160w/side window 1 120mm Blue Led Fans.
Antec NEO HE 550w PSU
GateWay FP2485W
Vista Ultimate
Old 13th December, 2002, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank_G
Magnux are you perchance loading the ide driver??? If you are then uninstall the 2.0 driver pack and reboot and see if your HD is being seen as a udma drive or a pio mode drive in Windows? Mine was seen as a pio mode drive and no matter what I did couldn't get rid of the problem (bought anothr drive problem went away)! What gave me the hint to look for was installing the driver pack and the ide drivers fubarring the whole system corrupting my os you name it it did it!
Hrm. I could try that. I've since created a stable setup, and used the provided Ghost 7 (hah, convenient isn't it? lol). Perhaps I'll try slapping in the V2 drivers minus the IDE portion. Hell, is there even a performance difference between the drivers? *shrug*

For reference, I have 2 HD's in my system:

1 IBM 120GB <- System Drive
1 WD 120GB SE <- Data Drive

Now that you mention it, with the V2 drivers installed.. I did recieve "Delayed write failures" in Windows, along with corrupted files, etc..
Old 13th December, 2002, 04:59 PM

Very Interesting, I was copying 40 GB of divx & mpeg files (no prizes for guessing what sort of material) and I got delayed write failures which I've never seen before. Are you guys saying its those Nvidia SW drivers or the Unified Nvidia V2 set as a whole. My install was trashed last night, so I get to make a fresh start.

Jinkeez: I'll find those instructions to make XP SP1, I can't take the credit for them but will find them when I get home from work.
Raptor raid
2 x SATA 300GB Maxtor HDD's
Enermax 600W Noisetaker PSU
Geforce 6800GT
Audigy 2.
Old 13th December, 2002, 06:08 PM

No I think it is the way XP is seeing the drives! I had a few problems with the previous drive on an 8K5A2+ also! I think if the drive(s) are being seen as pio mode drives you can look under the controllers in the system info hardware section and see what mode it is setting the drives! Unless it is udma mode the Nvidia ide drivers off the 2.0 seem to corrupt the XP installation big time!
I bought a new plus 9 Maxtor with 8mb cache and it just flew right in and worked as a UDMA 5 drive it still don't see it as UDMA 6 with SP1 installed and I installed the Vers. 2.0 Nvidia driver sans the ide driver!
Saphire X3870
X-Fi Music Extreme
ATI 650 TV Wonder
Western Digital 74 Raid 0
Western Digital 74
Plextor 716A DVD-RW
Plextor PX116A DVD
Antec P160w/side window 1 120mm Blue Led Fans.
Antec NEO HE 550w PSU
GateWay FP2485W
Vista Ultimate
Old 13th December, 2002, 06:22 PM

i havent seen any performance improvements since getting these drivers. seems a waste of time now.

www.andybee.zen.co.uk