AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18th December, 2002, 05:21 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

Quote:
Originally posted by Pleasure
So this whole thing ends like I'm telling not the truth as long as I don't post email conversations? Breaking a law for not loosing my face here, great option imho.
However, give me your mail so I can forward you something. I won't post it here, point.
I don't think anyone is saying that you're not telling the truth. It's more like your contacts are not telling you the whole truth or perhaps even they were not told the whole truth. All I know is you can get the 8RDA+ and a couple of other competitor models right NOW at newegg.com, unless they sold out already.

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th December, 2002, 05:24 AM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Quote:
So this whole thing ends like I'm telling not the truth as long as I don't post email conversations? Breaking a law for not loosing my face here, great option imho.
However, give me your mail so I can forward you something. I won't post it here, point.
Why do you need to save face? Humility is a virtue

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th December, 2002, 05:41 AM

If anyone is interested I found a cheap reseller in California for these boards... Not a bad rating at resellerratings , just not enough posts yet. A web reviewer used these guys and gave them a thumbs up also.. your mileage may vary of course....

its at www.censuscomputer.com

$109 bucks baby and cheap shipping.

I just orderd mine......
Old 18th December, 2002, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by myamdstockisup
Dude no one really cares. We Americans will continue to buy this board no matter much crap you can e- mail us. GM is a crap car company. But I own a GM and love it. I dont care that it may not hold up as well as a Japanese car. The same is true of these MOBO's .. We love these boards so we dont care that you think they stink.....even if you give a ten page thesis on why we should hate this board.. We will still buy it.... so stop already, its enough already....

thanks for stopping by.... please drive through...:-D
I doubt you understood anything I wrote but I think you are one of these guys who are happy as long as they can post in an arrogant way.
Old 18th December, 2002, 06:21 AM

Um.. no, I understood everything you typed. you just seem to rationalize all your statements with no real fact.

heres 2 quotes..........

afaik did the mobo makers stop delivering nforce2 boards atm (**** and epox), others even stopped the introduction (***, **).
they don't sell that fast... the shops simply don't get them any longer.

can't tell why but looking at the massive memory problems the n.force2 seems to have I think that's the reason

Well for 1) it seems that resellers are getting fresh stock as we speak. and 2) I dont see anybody else posting about massive memory problems as you put it.

Your on the bleeding edge of technology here and your bound to have to tweak a little more than usual to get stability, you should know this being in IT... Bottom line is the memory you bought is not an official standard yet. I just wonder why you persist

No hard feelings I hope, thats not how I meant to come off, Its been a long day and I have many servers to fix tomorrow. I will take it down a notch.....

I must remember..... good air in.... bad air out.......
Ah better now...

Last edited by myamdstockisup; 18th December, 2002 at 06:37 AM.
Old 18th December, 2002, 07:15 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

No need Pleasure, I take your word and believe you spoke the truth you knew. Just that a lot of rumors have been floating around concerning this board. I'm just trying to keep things as in the open and verifiable as possible.

I hope you stay awhile and give us a chance to make up to you our poor welcome.
Be well!!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 18th December, 2002, 09:25 AM

You can get the 8RDA and all other nf2 boards in loads of places in the UK!
Old 18th December, 2002, 09:35 AM

Arrow

http://www.aicmicro.com sells them cheaper than newegg and they have very good rating...just ordered mine...moving from **** to Epox - hope it is going to be for the best

Cheers,

--fibo

Last edited by Daniel ~; 18th December, 2002 at 11:06 AM.
Old 18th December, 2002, 10:18 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Quote:
Just look at the forum, the complaints, the fact that corsair rmas ram and announced a new version of its pc3500 ram.
<snip>Although the latest bios solved all my problems there must be something wrong if market proof memory isn't 100% compatible to a chipset.

The fact that Corsair issues RMAs to correct a problem with the SPD settings on their RAM indicates that the SPD settings were not correct at the time of manufacture. That does not reflect on any motherboards.

If a motherboard cannot rely on the SPD settings to allow it to get to the stage where it can reprogram the latency timers, then just how is it going to work?

Interestingly enough Corsair point out that it is unrealistic to expect all memory to operate in all motherboards. I quote from their website.

There is interaction between specific RAM manufacturers and specific motherboard manufacturers. Thus, for example, while EpOX boards might work best with RAM vendor A, Soyo boards might work better with RAM vendor B. Corsair strives to find the RAM that works most universally.

Throw into the mix the fact that there is no PC3500 standard, and therefore you are banking on the fact that independant manufacturers just happen to be in agreement on how memory operates at that speed. If JEDEC happen to release a PC3500 memory spec, and it's different to the current manufacturers implementations, then a lot of ppl will be looking very stupid.

Áedán
Old 18th December, 2002, 10:59 AM

Firstlly we are still selling NF2 8rda+

We are still shipping themn to our distributors as fast as Epox can make them. This has proved to be a very popular product especially as were in the week before christmas they may sell out in some stores.

Secondly, PC2300 ram is very messy. With there being no JDEC standard for it anybody can setup in buisiness selling rebadged PC-2700 modules as 3200.
This overclocking does create occational problems for some people, it seems corsair may have had a slight problem and are apparantly wortking to address it
(I have had no direct contact with corsair so you will have to contact them directly if you do have problems with there product)

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Old 18th December, 2002, 05:15 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Soldier2000

Is PCI 6 geshared with the AGP slot?