AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18th December, 2002, 05:11 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I think you guys will find that there is often a big difference in a BETA BIOS and a ET BETA BIOS. I don't bother unless ET Puts it up. If it's worthwhile ET sees to it we get it.

AS a rule Non-ET BIOS usually helps a few, but is not all that much over all.

This is just me talking from experience, not a hard and fast rule.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th December, 2002, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by avatar82
are you guys sure your t-breds are't "unlocked" via the L3,5 bridge? because if you do that you will only have multipliers from 5.5-12.5, and if you set your multiplier to 14 then its 5 or something like that. but if you "relock or un-unlock" your tbred then you should have all the multipliers on the 8rda from 3 to 24 or whatever on treb only. (not tbird or pally) this is just how i understand it, tell us if you've done the tbred unlocking trick or not. or maybe im way off, but you never know :P
I have a unaltered 2800 and on the c10 bios, if you choose 13 or higher, it just goes to a 1500+. Even if you choose the "default" multi it doesn't know that it is a 2800 and sets it to a 1500+. I'll try this new one and see if it works 13 and above.
Old 18th December, 2002, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Caper

If you use to agressive memory timings it could corrupt the files.
I doubt it has anything to do with the hard drive.

Does anyone know exactly what the "enhanced" vs "optimal" cpu interface selection does? It boosts sandra mem scores considerably, so I am thinking maybe it sets 1T command rate? Any ideas? I'm trying to figure out where it would become dangerous if I knew what it did to the timings.
Old 18th December, 2002, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bradmax57
Sorry your right I thought it said 12C especially when it said there was a new bios, I have just reinstalled 10C and did magic flash again and it has said there is a new bios again?
magic flash isn't even showing the 12/10 bios form the Epox web site. What's up with that? They need to sync it to the web site bios releases at least.
Old 18th December, 2002, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xgman

Does anyone know exactly what the "enhanced" vs "optimal" cpu interface selection does? It boosts sandra mem scores considerably, so I am thinking maybe it sets 1T command rate? Any ideas? I'm trying to figure out where it would become dangerous if I knew what it did to the timings.
http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/showt...649#post133649
Old 18th December, 2002, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baller02
for me all bios version are good exept the performance drop with multiplier under 10

i reached with all bios versions the same fsb's with same settings!!!
i can reach 213mhz fsb sync with 2422 timings, i'm using 2x256mb twinmos pc3200 with twinmos chips( not winbond!!!)

using async mode i can reach 240mhz fsb.
Finally, I found someone who has TwinMos PC3200 with TwinMos chips- not Winbond.
I see that it works great for you. Do you regret that you don`t have one with Winbond?
Powercolor Radeon9500 softmoded R9800 Watercooled
HDD Seagate 60GB,HDD WD 40 GB
PSU CHANNEL WELL 420W
WIN XP PRO,WIN2K dualboot
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7020074
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th December, 2002, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xgman

magic flash isn't even showing the 12/10 bios form the Epox web site. What's up with that? They need to sync it to the web site bios releases at least.
its weird? i wonder where magic bios gets its bios's from?