AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 17th December, 2002, 06:38 PM

EPOX TECH: Is 8K5A2 bios coming or not?

Many people are having problems with windows xp and TBred 1800+ when using 8K5A2. I have sent and received many emails with Epox NL support but they have no idea if there is coming a new bios that corrects problems. Some people talk that Epox hasn't find any solution and as 8k5a2 is kt333, it isn't so important to make a new bios for it.

I have had enough of this and I'm about to sell this board. Or has some Epox tech guys who read this forum, some idea if there is coming a new bios and when?

Last edited by Saulous; 18th December, 2002 at 01:27 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th December, 2002, 07:00 PM

Im not personally aware of an issue.

Can you please detail the problem and ill look into it.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th December, 2002, 07:21 PM

I can't get to xp when SSED is enabled in any configuration (It crashes after xp logo) ;memory,fsb,vcore,vmem,jumper 133/100; or bios; 22815, 22909, 22a25. I can't even install xp from cd(crashes after clicked "install xp") on SSED enabled, unless I use jumper 100 and fsb 100. But even then, after installing I can't get to xp when SSED is enabled. And when I installed xp on this way, only the 133 and 100 "load fail safe defaults"- configuration work ok; which means that all games and program work.
I had none of these problems when I had palomino chip.

I have now two win xp in my comp, the older install (c : ) works ok 191x11 SSE disabled, is stable for example in Bf 1942, Neverwinter Stories, Pifast, Prime95, SuperPi, but crashes on Mohaa, Nhl 2003, just when starting to play. Sisoft Sandra membench crashes also immediately. It is not a matter of overclocking, these same problems occur when using 133 or 100 fsb, in every configuration. So this is way out of stable now.

The other (d : ), as I said is a clean install, but off course very very slow due to configuration. For example I got my default configuration with palomino pros over 13700 3DM, and with this 133fsb fail safe configuration I get 8600 3DM and everything is much slower.

Allways when computer crashes it gives blue screen and "Hardware Malfunction Call Your Vendor For Hardware Support". On default configuration (c : ) it has given this error even with dxdiag direct draw test and mpeg-playback (avi full movies work ok).

Here for example we had some discussion about this problem
Post your 85KA2 or 8K5A2+ and Tbred setup here! .

Last edited by Saulous; 18th December, 2002 at 01:42 AM.
Old 17th December, 2002, 07:23 PM

edited to post a new thread insteed.

Last edited by nesskiel; 17th December, 2002 at 07:27 PM.
Old 17th December, 2002, 07:24 PM

I'm assuming that there is something wrong with SSE support when using xp, tbred and 8k5a2. I've searched net a way to disable SSE in xp, as the disabling in bios I guess isn't enough when xp tries to use SSE. However if it could be repaired somehow there still isn't any sence that one must reduce performance to make this board work with TBred 1800+.

And this doesn't solve the problem why none of the multilpliers doesn't work when installing 100fsb and 100fsb jumper. A guy in a finnish store says that about 5 of 30 Epox 8k5a2 work ok with a TBred 1800+ so there must be big incompatibility issues.

EDIT: I tried to install xp now with my overclocked settings to and it didn't help at all. In fact, even the 100 fsb and 133 fsb aren't stable with this install. As I told, 100 and 133 were stable on low bios settings when installed on 100fsb and 100 fsb jumper.

Last edited by Saulous; 18th December, 2002 at 01:31 AM.
Old 17th December, 2002, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Saulous
I'm assuming that there is something wrong with SSE support when using xp, tbred and 8k5a2. I've searched net a way to disable SSE totally in xp, as the disabling in bios isn't enough when xp tries to use SSE. However if it could be repaired somehow there still isn't any sence that one must reduce performance to make this board work with TBred 1800+.

And this doesn't solve the problem why none of the multilpliers doesn't work when installing 100fsb and 100fsb jumper. A guy in a finnish store says that about 5 of 30 Epox 8k5a2 work ok with a TBred 1800+ so there must be big incompatibility issues.
Mulla on ihan sama ongelma. Toivottavasti joku tekee korjauksen tuohon emoon. Mulle ei edes varoitettu yhteensopivuus jutuista.

I have same problem. I hope someboby make new bios for 8K5A2+
Old 19th November, 2003, 06:27 PM

Same problem here, except mines with 8K5A2 & XP2400 revision "B". Would be superb to see a new Bios but I'm not holding any hope as the problem was orginally reported over a year ago by various people.