AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19th December, 2002, 09:37 PM

To those who lost a GF4 on 8RDA+

I don´t know if this post will be fine here, might be in AMD Motherboards?

Anyway, I spoked to EPoX support in Netherlands.
They want all that lost their GF4 on 8RDA+ to mail them.

Subject: TI4600 on 8RDA+

support@epox.nl

Describe what happened and what hardware you was using.
It would be nice is you say bump when you done it.

Last edited by Caper; 19th December, 2002 at 09:45 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th December, 2002, 10:11 PM

Bump.
MSI G4 Ti4600
2 WD800JB 8mb
TDK velo cd/rw
Pioneer dvd
GTXP
CS Megaworks 510d
Logitech Momo wheel
Logitech Force 3D
Win2k/fat32
TTGI 520wt. PS
Dtek TC-4>eheim 1250>heatercore

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5617626
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th December, 2002, 02:12 AM

Only me and RacerX1?
Old 20th December, 2002, 05:34 AM

I thought there were about 7 or 8???
Old 20th December, 2002, 07:17 AM

done and linked e-mail also to:
8RDA+: Screen flashes with FSB >=200 MHz
Old 20th December, 2002, 10:45 AM

caper... pm those people on the list... tell them to come to this thread.. or tell them in the pm what to do...
Old 20th December, 2002, 11:03 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Re: To those who lost a GF4 on 8RDA+

Quote:
Originally posted by Caper
I don´t know if this post will be fine here, might be in AMD Motherboards?

Anyway, I spoked to EPoX support in Netherlands.
They want all that lost their GF4 on 8RDA+ to mail them.

Subject: TI4600 on 8RDA+
It might be worth someone in the US contacting the US EPoX support and see if they are working the same way, as I'm sure that most US ppl probably don't want to pay for International shipping!

Áedán
Old 20th December, 2002, 11:15 AM

Rather than just email netherlands can you please email the branch office for your country.
please provide as much info as you can, filling in support forms.

We are looking into the possible problem, but ive nothing more to report as of yet.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Old 20th December, 2002, 01:36 PM

Well I emailed Epox like Caper has asked, this is the response I received............

Dear Michael,

Well normally the no metal to metal problem should not give any problems but you have to watch very carefully that the card is inserted right

other wise the card could be damaged. By inserting it in the wrong way.

POST EDIT:
This I believe the second time I've asked you to read our forum rules, I'll not ask again.
Please read our Announcement at the top of the EPoX page. Please enjoy our forums and show your appreciation by respecting our Rules.
88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 8888888888888888

Best Regards,

Michael (FAE Team)

EPoX Europe Computer B.V
E-mail : support@epox.nl
Web : www.epox.nl

This is very insulting to say the least. Not only that but the tid bit on the front page of this site about having someone else build you computer is just bull*****.

Hers's a little advice for Epox and the moderators of this forum. You should take a lesson from *** and learn to actually listen to what their value customers have to say. We the users probably test and know more about your motherboards than yourselfs. Thats a fact! Instead you insult your fans with childest remarks and instead of actually thinking you guys have a problem.

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this either.
MSI G4 Ti4600
2 WD800JB 8mb
TDK velo cd/rw
Pioneer dvd
GTXP
CS Megaworks 510d
Logitech Momo wheel
Logitech Force 3D
Win2k/fat32
TTGI 520wt. PS

Last edited by Daniel ~; 20th December, 2002 at 08:15 PM.
Old 20th December, 2002, 03:19 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Ya know the REASON why they put stickers on outside of machines that say "unplug BEFORE servicing" is BECAUSE some MORON didn't and got shocked (and probably died) So somebody probably sued over this saying that they should of had a sticker on the outside telling people NOT to work on the equipment when the power is on.

So what's my point? Well my point is this. WHEN dealing with the public (companies) have to spell it out in the simplest of terms and talk to the lowest common denominator. This usually fixes the problem.

I get this sometimes when I call tech support for the copiers that I work on. They get techs that call for dirty copies and it turns out that the tech just forgot to clean the mirrors. (something that is suppose to be done on every service call and is elementary in copier repair.

Do I find it insulting, a little but I understand why. (I've been doing this for 6 years) So we quickly skip over all the easy stuff ( I rarely call for easy stuff I usually stump them) and get down the real nitty gritty.

I've gotten service calls of people complaining that there copier will not turn on. I ask them if it's plugged into the wall. They say "hold on let me check" Usually they come back and say, "oops I guess it got unplugged!!!" So it's obvious that they didn't check the obvious. (this is how I make my money)

I hope that helps you in understanding WHY you got the response that you got.
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah

Last edited by robbie; 20th December, 2002 at 03:22 PM.
Old 20th December, 2002, 03:49 PM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by RacerX1
Well I emailed Epox like Caper has asked, this is the response I received............

Dear Michael,

Well normally the no metal to metal problem should not give any problems but you have to watch very carefully that the card is inserted right

other wise the card could be damaged. By inserting it in the wrong way.

Best Regards,

Michael (FAE Team)

EPoX Europe Computer B.V
E-mail : support@epox.nl
Web : www.epox.nl

This is very insulting to say the least. Not only that but the tid bit on the front page of this site about having someone else build you computer is just bull*****.

Hers's a little advice for Epox and the moderators of this forum. You should take a lesson from Abit and learn to actually listen to what their value customers have to say. We the users probably test and know more about your motherboards than yourselfs. Thats a fact! Instead you insult your fans with childest remarks and instead of actually thinking you guys have a problem.

And you bent your AGP card out of the way whilst inserting memory I take it ?
Old 20th December, 2002, 03:55 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Quote:

Hers's a little advice for Epox and the moderators of this forum.
Perhaps your mistaking AOA for another forum?!?!? We don't have moderators here.

Enjoy your stay.
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 20th December, 2002, 03:59 PM
EPoX Tech

Can people please detail the revision of reference designed their dead cards are - Wether 180-10083-0000-A02 Rev A or 180-10083-0000-A02 Rev B.

Thanks.
Old 20th December, 2002, 04:00 PM

Quote:
We the users probably test and know more about your motherboards than yourselfs. Thats a fact!
I would reply to this but I feel that it would only be a "childish" remark.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Old 20th December, 2002, 04:02 PM
EPoX Tech

Quote:

Hers's a little advice for Epox and the moderators of this forum. You should take a lesson from Abit and learn to actually listen to what their value customers have to say. We the users probably test and know more about your motherboards than yourselfs. Thats a fact! Instead you insult your fans with childest remarks and instead of actually thinking you guys have a problem.

Please, do bear with us, and don't lower yourself like this - it doesn't resolve anything.
Old 20th December, 2002, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EPoX Tech

And you bent your AGP card out of the way whilst inserting memory I take it ?
Let me ask you something. Is is normal when installing a AGP card that you actually need to bend the card ever so slightly. My MSI card is setup in a way that the white tab on slot 2 nearest the cpu make perfect contact with the memory regulator on the backside of the card. So if I were to install my card correctly by going straight down the with the card that white tab stops me from installing it unless I slightly bend the card.

Is this right? Obviously MSI's layout of its cards have been out longer than the 8RDA+.

I'll tell ya what instead of me RMAing the card I will send the card to you. If needed I will send my board as well. Is it possible my vdimm slots might actually be closer than others?

I'm not here to start a war. I've been in and building pc's for alittle over 10years now. Obviously for guys like myself who do constant testing are more subject to issues like this but this is the first time I lost a AGP card period.

Others seem to be losing theirs also. I can't speak for them cause they might be running really extreme FSB and using the extra agp voltage in the bios without proper cooling.

Other than that this board is fat. Probably thee best board I've laid my hands on in sometime. Only other thing I would of liked to see is the SATA.

Thanks for your responses.
MSI G4 Ti4600
2 WD800JB 8mb
TDK velo cd/rw
Pioneer dvd
GTXP
CS Megaworks 510d
Logitech Momo wheel
Logitech Force 3D
Win2k/fat32
TTGI 520wt. PS

Old 20th December, 2002, 04:13 PM
EPoX Tech

Quote:

Let me ask you something. Is is normal when installing a AGP card that you actually need to bend the card ever so slightly. My MSI card is setup in a way that the white tab on slot 2 nearest the cpu make perfect contact with the memory regulator on the backside of the card. So if I were to install my card correctly by going straight down the with the card that white tab stops me from installing it unless I slightly bend the card.

Is this right? Obviously MSI's layout of its cards have been out longer than the 8RDA+.

I'll tell ya what instead of me RMAing the card I will send the card to you. If needed I will send my board as well. Is it possible my vdimm slots might actually be closer than others?

I'm not here to start a war. I've been in and building pc's for alittle over 10years now. Obviously for guys like myself who do constant testing are more subject to issues like this but this is the first time I lost a AGP card period.

Others seem to be losing theirs also. I can't speak for them cause they might be running really extreme FSB and using the extra agp voltage in the bios without proper cooling.

Other than that this board is fat. Probably thee best board I've laid my hands on in sometime. Only other thing I would of liked to see is the SATA.

Thanks for your responses.
Please contact your vendor in this instance.
Old 20th December, 2002, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Can people please detail the revision of reference designed their dead cards are - Wether 180-10083-0000-A02 Rev A or 180-10083-0000-A02 Rev B.

Thanks.
I can't tell, my card has the code you stated but doesn't have Rev A or Rev B. If it's any help it's a PNY Verto Geforce 4 Ti4600 and says version 200 on the card.

I did submit a tech support form but haven't even received an acknowledgement or anything. Why is there no telephone number for support? If I don't have a video card, I don't have a PC and thus can't go online to fill out a form!!!

I have to say I'm very dissapointed as I am being advised that the graphics card will not be replaced but repaired and I am being quoted 4-6 weeks for this. Thank god I had another card. I just hope the replacement doesn't blow otherwise things might get messy.
Old 20th December, 2002, 04:58 PM

Quote:

Thanks.
I don´t know about mine becuse I shipped it to the shop where I bought it.
I got it in april -02 here in Sweden.

Can phone them and they can check it out, if this is important information?
Since it´s a early one I guess it´s a Rev A.

Last edited by Caper; 20th December, 2002 at 05:44 PM.
Old 20th December, 2002, 05:04 PM

Mine is a A02-Rev.A

MSI G4 Ti4600
MSI G4 Ti4600
2 WD800JB 8mb
TDK velo cd/rw
Pioneer dvd
GTXP
CS Megaworks 510d
Logitech Momo wheel
Logitech Force 3D
Win2k/fat32
TTGI 520wt. PS