AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 23rd December, 2002, 04:13 AM

4PEA+ new system question

Hello all, newbie here that has a question about his new build and MB. I have the 4pea+ that I just put together a couple of days ago with a P4 2.4b. Here are some of the problems I've encounterd so far.
The High Point Raid controller drivers won't load off the floppy, it says there is no drivers in the XP folder, I'm wondering if there is something in the BIOS that I have to set??

Second, the system seems to have been stable so far, but today all of a sudden it seems to just reboot spontaniously. There doesn't seem to be any reason or trigger that I can see, it just reboots by it's self, I'm wondering if anyone had any ideas as to why?
Any help will be great.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23rd December, 2002, 07:13 AM

Welcome Fasttimes!

i'll do the best i can since alot of the regulars here are prolly of on their holiday. first off have your manual handy and make sure you're not overclocking. better yet, go to the bios, choose "LOAD OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS"", hit F10 on the keyboard, then hit enter. then go back into the bios and disable the epox logo (see you manual).

Quote:
the system seems to have been stable so far, but today all of a sudden it seems to just reboot spontaniously.
what bios are you using? if you have the most recent, skip this step. if not, then i suggest you use the most recent. it should be dated 12/04/2002. download the fallowing files, copy the contents of 4PEA2C04.zip and awdflash.exe to a floppy disk.

bios: 4PEA2C04.zip
download awdflash.exe

once you have the files on a floppy disk, reboot the computer. when you see the words like "Alt+F2 and update bios", hit Alt and F2 at the same time. it might take you a few tries to get it right . it should start updating to bios 4PEA2C04 if it isn't already. do not interupt the bios update process! let it finish!. once it restarts, go back to the bios and load

"LOAD OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS" again, save and exit.

go here if you need more information

Quote:
The High Point Raid controller drivers won't load off the floppy, it says there is no drivers in the XP folder, I'm wondering if there is something in the BIOS that I have to set??
Download RAID v2.332. copy the contents to a floppy disk.

now, connect your drive to the RAID controllers (see manual). if you're installing winxp, have the new RAID driver disk you just made ready, when you see the word "F6" at the bottom of the screen, hit F6. i usually hit it about 2 or 3 time to make sure . once the installation asks for the disk, just insert the disk in the drive and you should be on your way.

i'm sorry if what i've posted seemed to elementary. i'd just rather have someone explains things this way to me.

good luck and Happy Holidays!

Shuttle SB61G2 | PIV 2.8C @ 3.5GHz
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th December, 2002, 03:01 AM

Thank's r0l0e, that seems to of solved those problems! And thanks for the welcome.Now I got just one more question.

All of my case fans are connected to the Power Supply directly but today I added another case fan and hooked it up to the Motherboard's chasis plug and there is no power. I've looked in the bios to see if there was something that needed to be switched on but I couldn't see it. Am I missing something?

Happy Holidays!!