AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th January, 2003, 10:15 PM

Lightbulb thoughts on cooling an 8RDA+

I don't have this board yet, as I'm waiting on the 8RDA2+, bu I've got an idea on an extreme cooling project for the SPP. Has anyone tried putting a peltier on there? I realize this is probably overkill for a northbridge, but it would be interesting to see if performance can be further improved.

If anyone has an idea about the amount of heat dissapated by the SPP, please post here. From reading about other users experiences with the amount of cooling needed, I'm initially expecting a TEC/HSF setup similar to what an old-school P1 MMX would need. I would also welcome ideas on safe and effective ways to attach the setup to the SPP chip. I'm thinking AS Epoxy, but a less permanant method is preferred.

Thoughts anyone?

View my rig!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th January, 2003, 08:40 AM

Question

Almost morning and still no posts here? Come on now, I know some of you guys can add to this. Tell me I'm a genius, or tell me I'm frickin nuts. You can't tell me the thought of a pelt on the NB hasn't crossed your minds.

View my rig!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th January, 2003, 10:59 PM

i dont think that i will have any graet effect of oc. in many test u can see that i will not power up ur fbs if the nothbridge is colled extremely
so perhaps just put a active cooling unit on it ...