AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 17th January, 2003, 04:21 AM

8rda+ Bios "cpu frequncy changed or overclock failure"

Ok as the subject states, thats my problem, when i attempt to change the FSB of my cpu past 133, if this problem has been covered before then i apoligise for my waste of post and if u could send me a link to there it would be appreciated.

but as it stands, ive installed the latest bios from this forum that was posted on 16th Jan. (8RDA3115.BIN)

this problem has happend on all bios's. i allways reset cmos after winflashing the bios. i have tried taking the little fsb jumper completly off. i have tried making it cover prong 2 only. (before when i did this it gave me option to put bios way over 200) but if i choose anything above 133, i get the "cpu over clock failure please fix in cmos and remember to save" error. im pretty sure my self this is something stupid, like a selection in bios ive missed or a jumper on my mother board,

ive tried selecting optimal mode, agressive, turbo,expert, the memory fsb(?) i think it is, will stay at 166 and boot fine, but just the cpu that doesnt.

here are my system specs.

amd 2200
2 x 256 corsairs 3200 (1 in slot 1 and the other is in slot 2)
60 gig hardrive
teac writer (both hard drive and cd drive worked a charm)
thermalright slk800 heatsink
delta 80mm fan
windows xp with all latest updates
300watt psu
(all i can think off atm)

so if u can think of a possible bios option i could be missing or a jumper setting plz let me know, ive tried a lot.

as i said it maybe some little stupid thing, i dont beleave the mobo is faulty, its been working brilliant since first boot not a single problem apart from this.

all help apreciated.
thank you

/Rhom
Old 17th January, 2003, 02:52 PM

well i tried making fsb go to 140 and it done that no problem, but it no longer displays amd 2200 at the top on boot, it says 1850mghz i think but my system is runing at 1900mhz it says in wcpuid, what could be stoping me from going that extra bit further on fsb?

any idea?

thanks

/Rhom
Old 17th January, 2003, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhom
well i tried making fsb go to 140 and it done that no problem, but it no longer displays amd 2200 at the top on boot, it says 1850mghz i think but my system is runing at 1900mhz it says in wcpuid, what could be stoping me from going that extra bit further on fsb?

any idea?

thanks

/Rhom
dude you sound like a n00b, so b4 you do anything else

search here: www.google.com
for some basic guides to overclocking

Extreme Cooling Club H2O Member
[1700+ (1466MHz 1.5v @ 1950MHz 1.95v(195x10)) 2400+] - [Heto 2800; Homemade block;Camry 87 Core;Eheim 1/2" tubing!
] - [Epox 8RDA+] - [512MB (2x 256MB) Corsair XMS PC3200 @ 2:2:2:5:2] - [ GF4 Leadtek 4200 (250/513 @ 300/600)] - [Antec 480W True Power] - [ 12851 3d2001SE]
My PCDB entry

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th January, 2003, 03:02 PM

no thanks, im asking it here because its a specific related question to my mother board, and spamzor take a look at your self mate, im not the one with the cheap ass spining skull avatar that i stole off a geocities website and my idiotic posts on the thread about the new bios released.

unless ur gonna reply something constructive dont reply, i know where google is and ive tried it.

/Rhom
Old 17th January, 2003, 03:12 PM
AOA Staff (should be working)

Send a message via ICQ to dod Send a message via Yahoo to dod

chill guys

Rhom, is that 2200 locked? If so it's maybe as simple as when you're trying to increase the FSB its overclocking the cpu too much. You might need to try a little bit extra VCore but you will need to watch the temps. I believe the 2200's run fairly hot at the best of times.
Old 17th January, 2003, 03:16 PM

thank you dod, ill give that a go

/Rhom
Old 17th January, 2003, 03:24 PM

brilliant dod it worked. thank you

temps have jumped buy 7c but 38c is ok

thanks for ya help