AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20th November, 2001, 03:38 PM

Question Best EPOX Motherboard????

Hi, I´m new here, and I have to say that the forums are very useful to everyone, but this is cool!!!

I hope you can help me with my problem.

I will buy a EPOX motherboard soon (socket A) the model I choose was the EPOX 8kha+, but I´m not sure if it´s the best EPOX motherboard for Athlon, Duron or Xp.(boot problem, voltage, etc.). The features I want is OC, and stability.
Please help me here
Old 20th November, 2001, 03:54 PM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

I have the 8KHA+! I like. Some people seem to be having a few minor problems, but nothing to really get in to a twist over as far as I'm concerned. I feel I can still recommend it to anyone.

EPoX also has some newer boards coming out soon, so if those small "issues" scare you a little you could wait for one on the new boards.

8KHA2- KT266a motherboard with RAID
8KHAL- Lite version of 8KHA+, a "value" board, but still built on KT266a
M762A- Dual SocketA motherboard, will utilize AMD chipset. Intended for the server market, but still might offer some nice overclocking.

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st November, 2001, 04:34 PM
EPoX Tech

There is of course 8K7A series to look at using the super solid AMD761 northbridge VIA686B southbridge combination and on the PC133 SDRAM playing field there is of course the 8KTA3Pro.

The best board for you however is down to your requirements -
[list=1][*]How much voltage you need[*]Wether you need DDR or PC133[*]If you need to change multiplier in BIOS or by DIP switch[*]Wether you need ISA slots[*]How much VDimm you need[/list=1]

I am sure that with all of these and many other things taken into consideration, you will find the right motherboard for you.
Old 22nd November, 2001, 09:47 PM

I like my 8KHA+...but I kinda liked my 8K7A better :-)
8KHA+ have great mem bandwith but I preferred my Rock Solid 170+ fsb 8K7A.
It also had more vcore without doing a voltage mod.

I actually had it running 195 fsb, not stable though..