AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 21st November, 2001, 01:37 AM

8KHA+, do codes need t remain on to be valid?

Hi guys,
Ok, on my new 8KHA+ mobo when it is booting up I see several numbers on the mobo display. One of them i see is the code C1, which is for bad memory.

I'm pretty sure the memory is good since once I'm up in windows it reports it as good.

My question is for this mobo does the display code have to remain displayed for it to be valid? I.E., if the code is only present for a brief time during the bootup does that really indicate anything?

Thanks for helping me out here. I'm trying to figure out if my mobo is good or if it has some problems.

Thanks for your help evryone.
Jim
Old 21st November, 2001, 02:01 AM

Ok Jim, you great guy you..hehehehe. OK, I am answering my own question here. I have found out that the post codes ONLY mean something if the post test stops. In that case whatever code is showing would tell you what the problem is. You'd think the manual would clearly state that fact, but no.

Another thing I have learned is that the FF code once the Os takes over is a good thing. Again that seems to be a mistake on Epox's part since a sheet that came with the mobo indicates that FF means there is a problem. But of course that is only if the post test stops. I think Epox should have made the OK code "00" or something once the OS takes over and alll is well.

Also, the codes in the manual should have a legend that states the "h" as in FFh represents that FF is hex. Some people might not know that and would get confused since there are only 2 led displays on the mobo and not 3. hehehehehe
Old 21st November, 2001, 04:10 PM
EPoX Tech

It would unfortunatley seem that you have a faulty P80P section to your mainboard as a good system should go right through FF or 39.

If your system is stable however - don't worry about it.
Old 21st November, 2001, 05:24 PM

Epox Tech,
I am now confused again. Yesterday i got an email reply from Epox tech support telling me that my board (8KHA+) was working correctly.

During bootup the code display will display a wide range of numbers including C1. When the boot process gets to the screen that details the IRQ settings the code will go to FF and stay there and the boot process then starts Windows. Once in windows everything seems to work fine and the code is FF.

I was told that the code should be FF once the boot (post)process is complete and the OS takes over.

Is that correct or not?

I was told that the only time the codes really mean anything is when the post test stops and a code is displayed

Is that correct or not?

Thanks for your help and I hope to get this cleared up.
Jim