AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 21st November, 2001, 01:58 AM

Location: "It may be a dry heat, but 115F is still friggin' hot" - Phoenix, AZ

LA6 resistor

Does anyone know what the LA6 resistor is on the backside of the 8k7a and it's importance? (And why it's located so close to one of the holes by the socket...) My mobo didn't seem to want to boot after I installed it into my Vapochill, and that's the only thing I could find wrong. I'm stuck using a spare Gigabyte 7adx for right now which is a POS for overclocking.
1 x 512meg Corsair XMS3200
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st November, 2001, 03:51 PM
EPoX Tech

The LA6 resisistor is a very important power regulatory resistor, mounted near to a Swiftech mount hole due to trace lengths et al.

If damaged (usually knocked off) , this does unfortunatley render the mainboard dead and also due to the fact that it is physical damage - out of warranty I am afraid.

You may want to try re-soldering the resisitor on (if it can be found) or replacing it with another surface mount from a dead PCB.

Just make sure that the resistor is marked white and black at each end.
Old 21st November, 2001, 06:22 PM

Location: "It may be a dry heat, but 115F is still friggin' hot" - Phoenix, AZ

Thanks. I'm not sure how it broke off at this point. I remember being carefull when I removed the nylon posts and nuts for my waterblock, but it obviously happened sometime after that.

The Vapochill install was both a success and failure. One failure being the reason for this thread. The other was a "gotcha". When tightening the clips down, I didn't see one of the lugs begin to slip out of the hole and it allowed the evaporator to slide to the edge of the core and chip it. I don't know if the proc is still good or not, since I don't have a test rig set up yet. But, I'll get one set up as soon as possible and hope for the best. I was lucky enough to have a backup mobo and proc that got me up and running though.

1 x 512meg Corsair XMS3200
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!