AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25th January, 2003, 09:15 PM

Epox...CMOS clear jumper doesn't work right......

Ok...

Whenever I put excessive vcore on my Epox 8RDA+ I would show black screen whenever I turn it on. Normally...all I have to do would be just reset the CMOS and *SHOULD* clear everthing back to factory default. But strangly, this board would set everything back to default EXCEPT vcore. I can't boot anymore because I CANNOT lower my vcore. I could evade this problem once before by pulling out the FSB jumper. Of course, now that doesn't work either...

Thanks for reading and if you have solution to this problem..please let me know.. I don't want to RMA this board again..
Old 25th January, 2003, 09:22 PM

Btw the diagnosis led show FF..which means everything should be alright..

Last edited by Justinkoko; 25th January, 2003 at 09:35 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th January, 2003, 09:25 PM

Please help..is there ANYthing else I can do to put my voltage back to default?
Old 25th January, 2003, 09:30 PM

Could try removing the CMOS battery for a few minutes...

When you power on, does the diagnostic LED go straight to 'FF' or does it cycle through some other codes before going to 'FF'?
Old 25th January, 2003, 09:33 PM

I took out the battery over night and no effect..

And yes, FF shows right up when I turn it on. It doesn't go through cycle like it used to..
Old 25th January, 2003, 09:40 PM

Should I pull out the cpu and leave the socket empty?
Old 25th January, 2003, 09:41 PM

Fear the worst I'm afraid.... myself and a couple of others suffered the same fate discussed in this thread...

8RDA stuck on FF... Will a bios flash help?

One or two people recovered, but it sounds like you've corrupted your BIOS chip now (or possibly your CPU has died).

I ordered a replacement one a couple of days ago, was hoping it would arrive for the weekend, but alas it looks like being next week now.

Last edited by BlueMhz; 25th January, 2003 at 09:44 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th January, 2003, 09:49 PM

I know my CPU isn't dead.. That I know for sure..

I have another motherboard and it worked fine then..

I guess it is the motherboard...

But how can it corrupt just by adding more vcore.. This is most likely not booting up because voltage is still at 2.1v.

If I can somehow lower this voltage...it'll be fixed...

Anyway..thanks for your suggestions bluemhz.
Old 25th January, 2003, 10:38 PM

when you took cmos battery out did you unplug the power lead?

ABIT AN7 2500xp-m @ 2.8ghz (H20-220 WC) , 1GB Twinmos PC3200, Radeon 9800pro(XT flashed)

Old 25th January, 2003, 11:47 PM

Cant you just press the insert key? This seem to set the board to boot at nominal settings and allow you to go into the bios to change whatever is wrong.
Old 25th January, 2003, 11:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to JamesUK

hi, i have had a big problem lately with my syste, simular thing my systems ded, but my led code shows AA straihgt away and thats it appears an unknown code, anyway, i got a replacement cpu and still the same, so have just orded a replacement bios from epox, do you think thats usualy the problem or is it vert rare?
of cause i cleared the cmos that no help, i also took the battery out, but can't remember if my system was unplugged or not, am i askin as u seem consirned does it matter if the system was unplugged or not, i think mine was like
AMD ATHLON 64 FX-57 | 2 GB CORSAIR XMS3200C2PT CAS2.0 RAM | ASUS A8N-SLI PREMIUM | 2 X 250GB WESTON DIGITAL SATA 2 (16MB CACHE) HDD | BFG GEFORCE 7800GTX | PIONEER DVR-109 | WINDOWS XP PRO SP2 | TAGAN 580 WATT PSU
Old 26th January, 2003, 12:09 AM

If it goes FF immediately upon booting then I'm 99% sure your BIOS is corrupted. Happened to me too and I had to have it reflashed.. I wasn't even pushing too far. FSB was below 200 and mem on AUTO. There's something horribly wrong with 8RDAs, they most certainly SHOULD NOT corrupt BIOS like that.
Old 26th January, 2003, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JamesUK
hi, i have had a big problem lately with my syste, simular thing my systems ded, but my led code shows AA straihgt away and thats it appears an unknown code, anyway, i got a replacement cpu and still the same, so have just orded a replacement bios from epox, do you think thats usualy the problem or is it vert rare?
of cause i cleared the cmos that no help, i also took the battery out, but can't remember if my system was unplugged or not, am i askin as u seem consirned does it matter if the system was unplugged or not, i think mine was like
In another thread about where it was mentioned about removing the battery there is a pic of a stick man sourrounded by yellow spiky things, its lucky you didn't electrocute yourself! :nervous:
Old 26th January, 2003, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JamesUK
The reason they are asking if you unplugged the psu,is these boards retain power to the board on shutdown,i ,m not sure if they are all supposed to but mine sure does.

I know this for sure because if I turn off psu on mine , it wipes the cmos and clock settings etc.

Every Damn TIME!!!!!.

Holst , if you are reading this, could I rma because of this , because I also have an 8rda+ sitting in a box .

and I was going to try and sell current 8rda ,but no way could I sell it with that problem.
2xhitachi 250gb -raid 0
win vista business
Old 26th January, 2003, 02:06 AM

These 8RDAs need to be fixed now...

First of all...if BIOS gets corrupted like this...I can even think how many 8RDAs will be RMAed.

I still don't think that my BIOS is corrupted but it is a possibility.

If so, I definitly changing my mobo and get trust 8k3A+...

EPOX, when you release the next mobo please fixes these bugs I've stated.
Old 26th January, 2003, 07:31 AM

So basically...My board is dead...right?
Old 26th January, 2003, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by doctoromeo

I know this for sure because if I turn off psu on mine , it wipes the cmos and clock settings etc.
Have you used the insert key on boot to post and then go to the bios and see that your settings are not lost?
Old 26th January, 2003, 04:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sirtoby

try taking out the battery and let it be out for an hour or so, plug it back in and try to boot.