AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30th January, 2003, 11:53 PM

seriously got you up to 200fsb?? what issues were you having above 193/188 before?
AMD Athlon XP2700+ | SLK-800 w/ 80mm YS-Tech | Epox 8RDA+ w/ Crystal Orb on NB | 1GB Corsair XMS3500 | Hercules 9700 Pro | SB Audigy Platinum eX | WD 120gb | Coolermaster ATCS-201 | Samsung 181T | winXP Pro
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 31st January, 2003, 12:30 AM

In my experience the alt-F2 method is very unstable. I thought I had lost my bios this time, but the PC kept rebooting and trying to reflash while the bios alarm was going off.

It said please insert a system disk. No POST. Then I flashed with a boot disk to make sure. The last few locations on the bios update bar showed "no update". I flashed twice with the boot disk method.

I thought my bios was a gonner for a moment.

I havent tried pushing the fsb like your man above yet.
Old 31st January, 2003, 12:56 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via ICQ to Betty Send a message via MSN to Betty

Re: New Official NForce 2 BIOS

Quote:
Originally posted by EPoX Tech
Model: EP-8RDA+
BIOS: 8RDA3129.BIN (C000)
Fixed:
1.) Update ROMSIP & BPL (V2.84).
2.) Changed AGP Aperture Size default from 32MB to 64MB.
3.) Solved hang-up at post C1(h), when memory over clock.
4.) Added IDE DMA transfer function support.

http://www.epox.org/bios/8rda/8rda.zip

Model: EP-8RDA
BIOS: 8RD13129.BIN (7C00)
Fixed:
1.) Update ROMSIP & BPL (V2.84).
2.) Changed AGP Aperture Size default from 32MB to 64MB.
3.) Solved hang-up at post C1(h), when memory over clock.
4.) Added IDE DMA transfer function support.

http://www.epox.org/bios/8rd1/8rd1.zip
Marvey, uploaded it to our Download Files Page with your exact description

I hope that was okay, to use your exact description?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming... Boy, What a ride!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 31st January, 2003, 02:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to DisposableHero

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterAtArms
In my experience the alt-F2 method is very unstable. I thought I had lost my bios this time, but the PC kept rebooting and trying to reflash while the bios alarm was going off.

It said please insert a system disk. No POST. Then I flashed with a boot disk to make sure. The last few locations on the bios update bar showed "no update". I flashed twice with the boot disk method.

the one time ive ever used that method it killed my 8k7a bios.. never again

| AMD XP 1700+ @ 2.75 2.05v | Prometeia | Epox 8RDA+ | 512m Corsair DDR @ 211 DC | ATi 9500 @ 9700 - 400/630 | Antec sx1040b | 80gig WD |

-METALLICA-
Old 31st January, 2003, 02:25 AM

I've used it several times. It worked well.
Radeon 9000 Pro 128
Maxtor 80G
2 Elcheapo CD RW's
Old 31st January, 2003, 02:33 AM

anyone else seeing fsb speed improvements, I'd test mine out, but I'm busy burning stuff, and have to leave real soon.
Old 31st January, 2003, 07:56 AM

Whether it was BIOS or nVidia's new driver package...it improved my HDD speed.
Old 31st January, 2003, 08:35 AM

gained no performance and 3dmark loss/gain was negligable. this seems to be a version of the lase one that dosent lock up in the bios menu! yay!
Old 31st January, 2003, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris`I
Thanks ET - now sitting at 200FSB for the first time. Mesa happy chappy
I managed to get into windows at 200mhz but not for long and also lost all sound, backed off and it was fine, I'm getting closer but not quite close enough!:beer:
Old 31st January, 2003, 09:53 AM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterAtArms

Never had a failed BIOS flash on a mainboard. Graphics cards however are a different story if the truth be known.
Old 31st January, 2003, 09:55 AM

So far it's let me boot at 195 FSB and 390 memory but it's not stable in windows either. If I go to 200 FSB and 166 it beeps at me on boot. I had to set it at 190 / 380 and it's rock solid. Memory is at 4-2-2-2.0. I'm gonna try relaxing timings tomorrow (had to quit to go to work...hate it when that happens!) and see if I can't at least get it to post at 200 / 166.
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Old 31st January, 2003, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Bob
So far it's let me boot at 195 FSB and 390 memory but it's not stable in windows either. If I go to 200 FSB and 166 it beeps at me on boot. I had to set it at 190 / 380 and it's rock solid. Memory is at 4-2-2-2.0. I'm gonna try relaxing timings tomorrow (had to quit to go to work...hate it when that happens!) and see if I can't at least get it to post at 200 / 166.
If the bios beeps at you (like on cold boot) then press insert to load the fail-safe defaults. Del and then F10. This time if its going to work it will, if not you jumped too far in overclocking.

My system lets me know its not stable when in 3dmark at 210fsb it drops to a blank screen. Then I press resest and change back to a working overclock and all is well. I tried 210 & 205 (up from previous 202) and with the new bios both did as I described above.
Old 31st January, 2003, 02:28 PM

I'll try that. I have a 'custom switch' I built into a spare 3 1/2" bay blank cover that jumps the CMOS jumper without opening the case that does basically the same thing, but thanks!
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Old 31st January, 2003, 04:04 PM

Holy Cow UB.... a switch wired to the board to clear cmos............ heheheh I can see that you run your gear at stock speeds only........lol

:beer:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life.........

I have a pool and a pond........ pond would be good for you though.
Old 31st January, 2003, 04:52 PM

I'm still unstable at anything above 195mhz.

VDD adjustments in the next bios ET?

please.
Old 31st January, 2003, 05:31 PM

As ET said in another Thread, it´s not possible to add VDD adjustment to the bios. The Boardlayout wouldn´t support this, therefore Epox releases a new rev. of this board afaik
Old 31st January, 2003, 05:47 PM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyHIP
As ET said in another Thread, it´s not possible to add VDD adjustment to the bios. The Boardlayout wouldn´t support this, therefore Epox releases a new rev. of this board afaik
Nice name you have there - all the best people are called ANDY !!!
Old 31st January, 2003, 06:10 PM

Arrow no problems at ALL

Thoe i just got the board on Thur. and flashed to these bios first thing. I always use a boot disk and fkash manually,dont trust(have had bad luck)with those win flash tools.
Old 31st January, 2003, 06:35 PM

Gosh, I dont check the forums for a day and look what happens!! Thanks for the fast reliable bios updates
Albatron GF4 4200 Turbo
Old 31st January, 2003, 07:04 PM

So far I like this bios. I had the C1 error code on some of the FSB's
after 212 or so. It depends on whether you have your CPU clocked as high too.

Thanks Epox for the great bios

BUT,

I think we need to work the Vcore issue for some of us, where the board either shuts down under stress or won't boot up when the Vcore is high.

I have a 2400+ that does 2500Mhz water cooled at 2.1v
In the N2 I can't OC that high stable. To be really stable, like 2380 is good. 2400mhz can be done but only at lower FSB's.
It seems the N2 chipset doesn't OC CPU's as high. I have seen this with the 850E chipset too.

In the Nforce, on a warm reboot, I can change the setting and get it to boot at 2500 and 2.050v, but if I shut it down, it won't reboot at that settings. Even at a 2.2v setting it won't reboot.

I think this issue needs to be addressed if it can via a bios.

Again thanks for the great bios ET! :beer:

Last edited by Bondo; 1st February, 2003 at 02:24 PM.