AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd February, 2003, 01:22 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sirtoby

thanks for a great board :)

I just wanted to make a post and thank Epox for a great board as well as great support.

Now I've had some issues with my 8rda+, nothing unusal though.. you always have some issues when getting new hardware.

But, with every bios I've updated to some of those issues I've had have been resolved and now everything works.. so what can I say.. great work Epox!

I've had a non-working floppy, a hdd led that didn't want to work, wouldn't detect dvd-rom during cold boot for instance.. all of those has been resolved with the bios updates and now everything works as it should..

There are only two things I could possibly complain about, but then again that's not Epox's fault. The first is that my Tbred 1800+ doesn't seem to go higher than 1.9 GHz, and I expected it to do 2.0.. The other is the ide driver, but I believe that nvidia will get a new driver soon that'll be better..

So for me.. this board was a great buy..

/me is one happy camper
Old 2nd February, 2003, 02:04 PM

Im glad your enjoying your new board.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd February, 2003, 02:27 PM

hehe.. I am very happy with my purchase

Just thought I'd make a post about since so many people seem to be complaining. I'd say sit back and relax and let EPoX work their magic..
Old 2nd February, 2003, 04:33 PM

Really I've overclocked abit, epox, msi, soltek, gigabyte, asus, and ecs. I may have done others but those are the main ones. Anyway I will say it is funny that all kinds of people say this or that about their different motherboards. The truth is that all of them have problems. It just so happens that epox is one of the best with much fewer problems.

Also every mobo manufacturerer will have a certain amount of failure ratio wich most people don't want ot belive either. It's just a matter of weather you get the fialing ones or not and you will see this from all mobo manufacturers. Again here with the numbers of motherboards I have used epox has a much smaller number of motherboards that have issues. Ecs have been good also but they obviously can't do all the cool things that epox boards can.

Now if we could just get epox to ditch via chipsets. I do understand why they havn't though as sis has yet to come up with a chipset that performs as well as the via's (untill now that is with the 746fx) but at least they are more stable with fewer compatablity problems. Hopefully we will see at some at some point. I really have to admit for being via though that they are very stable and run extreemly well.
Old 2nd February, 2003, 04:47 PM

You can't mention other brands in here in the epox section, so please edit your post and take those brands away.. otherwise the thread has to be moved.
Old 2nd February, 2003, 05:08 PM

Send a message via ICQ to SPQQKY Send a message via AIM to SPQQKY

He can mention other brands in the context that he used. He has broken no rules, especially when he says out of those brands, EPoX is best.
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Soundblaster Audigy Gamer
ENERMAX EG565AX-VEFMA2.0-SLI ATX12V 535W
3 x Seagate Barracuda 300GB SATA150
160 Gig Seagate Barracuda
Asus Ageia PhysX graphics unit
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd February, 2003, 07:51 PM

It's against the rules to compare Epox boards to other brands, which he did..

anyways.. that was not what this thread should be about
Old 2nd February, 2003, 09:17 PM

As great as a Epox board might be the BIOS support starts off nicely but soon thereafter stops being a priority. This is where Epox sadly fails to match the bigger firms in the industry.

Well that and not including I/O shields with their boards.

The above are two reasons why Epox never scores any OEM deals whereas Gigabyte, Msi and to a less extent Asus really do.
Old 2nd February, 2003, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GFORCE100
As great as a Epox board might be the BIOS support starts off nicely but soon thereafter stops being a priority. This is where Epox sadly fails to match the bigger firms in the industry.

The above are two reasons why Epox never scores any OEM deals whereas Gigabyte, Msi and to a less extent Asus really do.
A*it, Giga**te, As*s, or any other manufacturer RARELY updates their BIOSes. Epox has better Bios support than any of them. I should know, i own just about every brand.
Giga-Byte 9700 Pro
WD 120 GB Special Edition
Plextor 48/24/48
Lite-On FS020 Case
Sparkle 350 PSU
Watercooled (WhiteWater)
Old 2nd February, 2003, 09:30 PM

Thanks Epox for the 8RDA+, i had problems first, but now i'm a conviced user.
This board is a dream- i have about 10%-30% more performance in OpenGL with my Quadro-modded card, just by changing from SiS745-based board to the 8RDA+, this is INCREDIBLE!

Now my work with 3dstudio and autocad is very smooth. THANKS!
XP1700+@2505mhz(12.5x200mhz)@1.85V l Watercooling Cape-Corp KC42-X2 l 8RGA+, NB active, SB passive cooled l MOSFETS & Vreg passive cooled l 512MB PC3200 TwinMOS @ 2.77V l Leadtek A250 LE mod. to Quadro4 700XGL @ 300/553 l Seagate Barracuda IV 7200, 80GB l Pioneer DVD-115F regionfree l LiteOn CD/RW LTR-48246S l Sitecom Wireless USB -Adapter l DigitalDoc 5

PCI1 > free l PCI2 > free l PCI3 > free l PCI4 > PROMISE ULTRA100 TX2 l PCI5 > WinFast TV200XP Tv-Tuner l PCI6 > free

431 watt enermax PSU
Old 2nd February, 2003, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GFORCE100

My 2 8RDA+ boards came with the I/O shield. don't know about their other boards.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life.........

I have a pool and a pond........ pond would be good for you though.
Old 2nd February, 2003, 10:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to SPQQKY Send a message via AIM to SPQQKY

Quote:
It's against the rules to compare Epox boards to other brands, which he did..
He did not compare any EPoX board to another manufacturer. He simply stated that he has used other brands and EPoX has OCed the best for him.
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Soundblaster Audigy Gamer
ENERMAX EG565AX-VEFMA2.0-SLI ATX12V 535W
3 x Seagate Barracuda 300GB SATA150
160 Gig Seagate Barracuda
Asus Ageia PhysX graphics unit
Old 2nd February, 2003, 11:56 PM

i.e. he compared epox board's o/cability to other brands.. whatever, if the mods don't care, I don't care.
Old 3rd February, 2003, 02:32 AM

Naw it was more my intention to show that I have used a few different systems not to start any kind of flame wars. I get to play with quite a few things in my computer store. Owning the store is nice and I don't have any boss to answer to. This allows me to try different things and really test stuff.

My only drawback is that I'm not a big store and can't afford to carry a whole lot of high end parts. So I do most my testing with the slower amd cpu's. Not withstanding when I can get my athlon xp 1600 to 2gig actaul speed and pull great benchmarks on the epox boards without having to volt mod them that realy says something. I have not been able to achive this on any of the others. It's not that I have not tried either.

The main thing to remeber is that all motherboards will have percentages. These are fictitious but for instance 10% are far above average for stability and ocability, 20% are just above average, 40% are average, 20% below average, and 10% way below average. These are not real for any manufacturer the low end for almost all of them is much lower than that. What I was trying to say is that these percentages are much better for epox boards. More like 20% top, 30% above, 40% normal, 8% below and maybe 2% that are problem boards. I cant sware to these figures and All the mobo makers could tell you these if they wanted to but epox figures on the whole are better than the others.