AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 24th November, 2001, 11:43 AM

Should I buy a 8KHA+ or 8K7A+ M/B?

I posted this in www.amdmb.com forum as well.

I have a ageing Asus A7V133 setup with Raid & was thinking of upgrading to one of the new Epox M/B's.
I like the Raid I have now setup, but I was wondering if the 8KHA+ is just a far better board.
Looking at all the reviews both boards seem to get rave reviews.
Does anyone have a opinion on which one?
Old 24th November, 2001, 05:10 PM
EPoX Tech

Firstly - remmeber that the 8KHA+ does not have RAID !!

A good pointer would be - 8KHA+ has everything in BIOS, but doesn't have extreme VccCore alteration without modification. It does however have extreme VDimm voltage.

8K7A+ on the other hand has increased VccCore manipulation and of course does have RAID but doesn't have so much VDimm adjustment.

8KHA2 that will be out in January will offer the best of both worlds in a quad phase power solution which will introduce AGP voltage alteration to us to assist with video card overclocking also (remember 8KTA3 series).
Old 25th November, 2001, 04:53 AM

Possible to implement VIO adjustments too?
Old 25th November, 2001, 08:49 AM
EPoX Tech

No - at this stage I believe not - but hey, you can't have everything in life.
Old 25th November, 2001, 09:55 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

That 8KHA2 sounds like it will be a beast of a board. But, personally I like the sound of the M762A myself. Can you give us any indication on when to expect the M762A, as in before or after the 8KHA2?

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th November, 2001, 11:34 AM
EPoX Tech

I would imagine they may well appear at approximatley the same time. IT'll be a tight race to the finish line however !!

Remember that one product is a product of i-pox, the workstation and server industrial division and the other is obviously a normal EPoX product.
Old 25th November, 2001, 11:41 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

I suppose "I-pox" products come at a premium? I'm cool with that though, as long as it's priced similarly to the competitions offerings. I can remember when quality single SocketA boards ran around $200, so if I were able pick up a nice SMP board at about that price it would be a steal IMHO.

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd December, 2001, 05:00 AM

Well I got the 8k7A+ M/B because of the Raid. I've raid for the last 4 M/B's I've owned so I couldn't imagine not having it this time.
I can't believe the difference in speed between this & my Asus M/B.
Asus got 30,000 in the latest Sisoft - 2x 40GB WD 7200rpm drives

Epox gets 48,000 - 2x 60GB WD 7200rpm drives

Everything loads so much quicker!
Old 4th December, 2001, 01:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to killem1x1

I must say, I'm the same way in regards to RAID. I'll wait for the HA@, then I'll be happy