AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd February, 2003, 02:46 PM

Q39 Component on 8KHA+ MB

Could anyone with easy access to an 8KHA+ Motherboard tell me what the Q39 component is? It is an 8 pin IC located between the AGP slot and the first DIMM slot (it sits right behind the fan4 power connector - the connector for the VT8366/A fan).

I have contacted Epox Support, but have not yet heard anything back so I'm hoping this forum will provide better luck.

Thanks!
Old 22nd February, 2003, 03:11 PM
EPoX Tech

Not actually in the office atm to be able to look at a board but it does sound like a "spider" used for VDimm reg. assistance.

It is possible that these become damaged when over-volted.
Old 22nd February, 2003, 08:47 PM

Yep its part of the DDR memory voltage regulation.

Probably killed by 3.2v for too long, or a memory stick in backwards or something

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd February, 2003, 11:37 PM

Yes, I believe the part blew when I stupidly powered on the computer without having the DDR completely inserted. I was playing around with the memory because the BIOS was only recognizing 128MB out of 256MB. I don't know why as the computer had been working fine for over a year now.

Anyway, thanks for the information. Would anyone happen to know the Q39 part number and its manufacturer (at least the part number) so I can attempt to replace the device and see what other damage I can cause?

Thanks!

Last edited by smjs4; 22nd February, 2003 at 11:41 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23rd February, 2003, 02:39 AM

This is generally a multiple component faliure, so replaeing the burned part may not help.

you may have also blown the northbridge...

Ill find out the component tomorrow, you might get lucky and fix it and it will be great soldering practice even if you dont :P

Best of luck in the future all my friends.