AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 24th February, 2003, 03:18 PM

Thumbs down 8k9a2+'s hpt372 and win xp sp1

please can anyone tell me how to install win xp on the hpt 372?
i ve got 2 ibm 60gxp on 2 diiferents cables both are set to master.
each time i try to install windows, it asks me for the driver for the hpt372 i insert the floppy it tells me the driver is not certified by ms labs..... the i got bsod.....
the only solution is to chosenot to install the driver but then it would go slow.
What shoul i do? put the 2 hd on the same cable? on the same connector?
when i got a hpt370 on my 8kta3+ it would just go fine...
please helpme i m quite despaired.....
Old 24th February, 2003, 03:32 PM

i tried different bios & different drivers ......
always the same........
Old 24th February, 2003, 11:13 PM

nobody knows?????????????????
any idea???????????????????
Old 24th February, 2003, 11:13 PM

If you are not attempting a RAID installation, then install XP onto a disk plugged into one of the standard channels. Then install the HiPoint drivers. Finally swap the disk back onto one of the HiPoint channels.

That's how I did it... no probs.

If, however, you are performing a RAID installation, then I suspect you need to press F6 during the initial installation phase and then feed in a floppy with the drivers on.
FSB 183*12= 2206MHz
Vcore 1.86V, Vdimm 2.8V
ATi Radeon 7500
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th February, 2003, 01:57 AM

Dont overclock while installing

The hpt driver version that works on my 8k9a2+ is, v2332, 2002.10.21. This is the info on the floppydisk

You have to find a driver that XP will accept or, it will never install
Old 25th February, 2003, 09:14 AM

my system is not overclocked and i would like to use a raid array.
all memory timings are high and my memory module succesufully passed memtest in 3pass
winxp does not accept the v2332 i ve got bsod
any suggestion?
Old 25th February, 2003, 01:35 PM

Grab the Highpoint drivers that match your Highpoint BIOS, ie same version from Highpoint.com. Place them on a floppy. Press F6 at the start of the Windows XP installation where it asks you if you want to install SCSI drivers.

It will continue on for a bit and then ask you for the driver disk, put the floppy you made in, select Windows XP and you're away. It will tell you (not straight away) that the drivers are not Microsoft certified, don't forget to "continue installation".

That's nothing, try installing a dual boot of Windows XP and Red Hat 8 on an EPOX 8RDA+ with Highpoint PCI RAID card.
Alpha PAL8045 w/ 50cfm Sunon
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th February, 2003, 08:38 AM
bsmith8870

Talking

I had the exact same problem.. although it only happened with SP1... Win XP first release doesn't have any problems setting up the raid array with the drivers provided on the floppy.. not sure why but took care of it for me..
Old 26th February, 2003, 10:03 AM

i triedyesterday night but it didnt worked.....
this board is driving me crazy!!!!
Old 26th February, 2003, 03:56 PM

Do you have access to a third drive? If yes, connect it to the onboard controller, install Windows without HPT drivers. When Windows is done, install the HPT driver. So far everything should work.
When everything is up and running, take Norton Ghost and mirror your third disk to the RAID array. You don't need drivers for Ghost or DOS!
I moved a running W2K to a RAID0 array this way and it works fine.

Max
Old 27th February, 2003, 04:43 AM

I'm not using RAID but will I get performance increase by plugging my harddisk to the HPT RAID controller ? What's the difference compared to the normal HDD IDE controller ?
Old 15th March, 2003, 08:07 AM

Had the same problem as you, i had to take the hdd off the raid controller to get a win anything installed on thing.
My raid controller was currpting zip files etc. Pulled the horrible mess of a board and threw in a gigabyte and its working well, not as many features of the epox but the big one was having a system that work correctly.
Old 17th March, 2003, 12:32 AM

I've found that XP does not "certify" quite a number of drivers...I install them anyway and they usually work the way they are supposed to.
I have one question....you said it won't install, what does the message actually say when it comes back?

I assume that you are following Yemble's advice and pressing F6 during your initial XP installation.

I am running an 8K5A3+, raid 0, and have had some driver installation problems although not with raid....the basic problem may be the same...so, what is the message you get when the drivers do not install???
Old 17th March, 2003, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe111

and have had some driver installation problems
I am also having a similar problem

Attn: Epox Tech & 8K9A2+ Owners assistance is required please

If anyone can help
Old 17th March, 2003, 02:12 AM

I still didn't hear anyone provide the answer...what exactly did the XP message say?

At the risk of leading you guys astray I am going to offer something you might want to look at. I was having a problem with a LAN driver and had been beating my head against a brick wall for about six months until one of the other members here at AOA forum directed me to a site "Hardwareanalysis". My problem turned out to be related to permissions in the registry. This may or may not have anything to do with your raid problems but it wouldn't hurt to take a look and see. It does affect driver installations in general.

I dare say that I probably would have never figured out my driver problem if it weren't for the info at that site......thanks again timbob2469.

If you are interested look at the post "8k5a3+ LAN won't work", the link to hardware analysis and registry fix is there.....I hope it helps.....
Old 17th March, 2003, 07:50 AM

Ok i got the 1st insatll where it does its dos section install then reboots and thats as far as i was getting, then a blue screen of death would appear no matter what. i tried changing drives etc and zip. pulled the main drive off the raid i could install windows with no problems
Old 17th March, 2003, 11:22 AM

getting mad with this board i cant install winxp even with the drivers that match with the hpt bios.....
i ve got my system on an hdd connected to ide0 and it works less or good but it works. i ve got random bsod but due to my usb adsl modem.
can anyone frome epox tech answer our problem .
i ve spend 180€ for this board and i can t use it properly.
i m a bit desapointed.
moreover my 8k5a2+ died before i got this board i m thinking that epox 's board quality is going down. (my brother's 8k3a refused to boot last week ---> RMA)
and before i got other epox board : 8kta3+ and 8Kha+ and they are still running rock stable!!!!!!!!!
would a new bios fix it???????
i tried to contact highpoint 2 weeks ago but they didn t answer me