AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th February, 2003, 09:20 PM

8k5a2+, RAID-0, USB mouse

Hi,

my system freezes right before the name of my RAID-0 is displayed (and after my HDs have been detected) - but only if I activate the "USB mouse support" option in the BIOS ! That's strange ...

Any suggestions how I can use this option without disabling the RAID controller ?

Greetings,

DPR

board: 8K5A2+
BIOS date: 11/08/2002
HPT-BIOS: HPT2.34
BIOS options: ACPI & APIC enabled
Old 27th February, 2003, 03:23 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

Disable "USB Mouse support." Seriously, how many DOS based programs do you really use?

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th February, 2003, 05:24 AM

Like Mooky said. I had similiar problems when I first set up my boards, and after disabling ALL USB support in BIOS most of the problems were solved. I am using 2.0 usb mouse with no probs.

G
HD5570 ATI
750w Antec PSU
500g x 2 Seagate
160g x 2 Seagate mirrored
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th February, 2003, 11:41 AM

I don't use any DOS program - except of some recovery and emergency ones on FDDs.
My problem is that I can't get my USB mouse to work in Linux. It works with kernel version 2.4.19 but the HPT-RAID implementation in this release is buggy. The 2.4.21 prerelease fixes this issue but the mouse no longer works because of some USB implementation changes.

And last bot not least - the 2.5.x kernel has got really good USB support but doesn't support the HPT RAID at all :nervous:

So I thought I could fix the problem with 2.4.21 if I activate the BIOS option for USB mouse support. At least the Linux-USB howto says that it could help ...

Greetings,

DPR
Old 27th February, 2003, 04:31 PM

Did you install the 2.0 drivers the board came with? Or are you using the extra USB the board came with?
I installed the USB 2 drivers off Epox disc and am using Extenal USB connector on bottom of board.
I don't use the connecters next to NIC. Since using this procedure the board automatically defaults to USB mouse and doesn't even use PS2 and it took a while to figure out what I did To get KVM switch to work properly. Instead of re-installing all the software to remedy this situation I but USB optical mouse on system, and old scroll mouse on KVM switch.
The other 8K5A2+ that does not have USB 2 installed works great with PS2 on KVM switch. Maybe this will help you out.:nervous:

G
HD5570 ATI
750w Antec PSU
500g x 2 Seagate
160g x 2 Seagate mirrored
Old 28th February, 2003, 03:47 PM

There aren't any USB 2.0 drivers for Linux or other OS than Win on the EPoX CD

Regards,

DPR