AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 1st March, 2003, 08:18 PM

Question Strange 8RGA+ happenings....

I got hold of my 8RGA+ (one of the cheap ones from Tekheads ) yesterday. Started to have a play round today and something odd is going on with the multipliers....

Selected in BIOS || Actual

*13 || N/A
*12.5 || *11.5 <<-------
*12 || *11 <<-------
*11.5 || *11.5
*11 || *11
*10.5 || *9.5 <<--------
*10 || *9 <<--------
*9.5 || *9.5
*9 || *9
*8.5 || *7.5 <<--------
*8 || *7 <<--------
*7.5 || *7.5
*7 || *7
*6.5 || OC error, went to default
*6 || OC error, went to default
*5.5 || *5.5
*5 || *5
*4 || HD fail (fine when I went back to *9)

I'm using an old 1800XP Palomino with Crucial 2100. The CPU has been unlocked and was fine as far as I could tell on my old Abit KR7A. I'm not really sure what would happen if the L1 bridges messed up but I suspect it would boot at default or show an error instead of what is happening.....

I've updated the BIOS to 3225 which appears a bit more stable then the 'engineering - not for public' one that came on the board. Half the time I was getting non-posts with an alarm before I updated at speeds that were fine on my KR7A.....

Anyone got any ideas

Edit - Corrected the high multipliers, nice pattern...... could it be one of the L1 links? Also scrap what I said about 3225 being more stable.....

Edit again - Just found this http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/MultiCode.htm Guess that would be a problem with my *1 bridge then

Nothing to see here, move on please

Last edited by lazarus; 2nd March, 2003 at 01:57 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd March, 2003, 02:46 AM

Sounds like a bad unlock.

You probably shorted or disconected a bridge when moving boards, this is supprisingly common.

Redoo your unlocking.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th March, 2003, 12:18 AM

Cheers Holst

I kind of worked that out myself from the link I posted in my edit. Working out which link(s) were broken after a few glasses of wine was most amusing.

I tried to redo them on Sunday and made them worse. Tried again last night and it would only post on default I attempted it again today deciding it might be a good idea to let the silver paint dry before masking the next link and this time and it works

@ 10.5 x 166 1750MHz which is about where my old KR7 got dodgy (at much lower FSB) and I've barely touched the voltages yet. Have to be quick playing however because reading some of the other posts here was too much...... and I ended up ordering a xp1700 and two TwinMOS 3200 sticks from komplett yesterday :beer:

Shall let everyone know how I get on