AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd March, 2003, 04:21 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sirtoby

how to get correct voltage?

is there any way to get the motherboard to feed the correct amount of V to the different components on the board?

Now, I don't really mind the cpu since I can set that to more than I'd want to.. but I'd like to get 2.9 V (as I've set it to in the BIOS) instead of the 2.83 V that it's getting now instead..

is there any way to actually get it to feed those 2.9 V to the memory instead of the 2.83V it does now when it undervolts?
Old 3rd March, 2003, 03:19 PM

*bump*

no chips to cool or anything like that which would result in the correct mem voltage?
Old 3rd March, 2003, 03:43 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Measure it with a multimeter before assuming it's wrong. It may be that the winbond voltage monitor is reading on the low side, and the voltages are actually correct.

Áedán
Old 3rd March, 2003, 04:16 PM

Some people have reported that cooling the mosfet and vreg chip does seem to help with the voltage fluctuations.
Old 3rd March, 2003, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EFF
Some people have reported that cooling the mosfet and vreg chip does seem to help with the voltage fluctuations.
This is Vcore fluctuations however. I havent had any reason to up past 2.77v Vdimm myself (which says 2.75 -2.77v ATM).
Old 3rd March, 2003, 08:00 PM

But that is what this is also, I would guess.. unless it's what Aedan said it might be.. just the wrong reading..

I unfortunately don't have any multimeter so I can't measure the voltage, but when I set it to 2.9 V I only get 2.83, vcore is also off by quite much .. well, basically all voltages seems to be a bit off from what it's supposed to be
Old 3rd March, 2003, 09:39 PM

I'm sure someone knows where the measurement point is, but I don't. On the r8500 the point was a via (a trace which joins one layer to another) and ground, but not straight across a component since it apparently shorted and killed it in one user's experience! I do have a multimeter.