AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th March, 2003, 09:27 PM

i can't get ics or lan 2 work on my EPoX EP-8RDA+

ok ive tried everything under the sun and i can't get ic or lan 2 work. im trying to use the onboard lan. i check in bios and its enabled. when i do the net wizard it completes fine and the ips are set but nothing on the net will work. msn ie, and i can't see anyone on the lan. i have check the lan cable is ok. the light on the onboard comes on. im not sure if theres a issue with the lan thing on this board. im very puzzled y i can't get on the lan or ics don't work. i have also tried manually entering the ips and still no luck.

Borich

my msn /e-mail is king_borich@hotmail.com
Old 11th March, 2003, 10:06 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Borich,

Before you try any high level things out with the network card, try the following...

Ensure that the cards have their addresses, preferable statically assigned. If you're in Win NT/2K/XP, then open a command shell, and type "IPCONFIG /ALL" and press return. You'll get a bunch of information back! Check the IP address and the Physical address.

If that information is correct, keep the command shell open and try to ping the remote machine. For example, if I'm trying to ping another computer on the network, I might type "PING 192.168.1.154". This will tell you if the low level connectivity is working correctly.

Once you know the low level connectivity is there, you can then concentrate on fixing the higher levels such as ICS and Microsoft networking.

Áedán
Old 11th March, 2003, 10:40 PM

the info is appearing correct on the machine and i can't ping it or ping from it to other lan machines. ive tried unstalling all the networking stuff and rebooting and reinstalling, manually putting in ips

im really confused!
Old 12th March, 2003, 01:58 AM

Check the mac addres for your nic. You may have to manually correct it. How? I dunno, but if you search for lan or mac & 8rda+in this forum you'll see a lot of references.
Old 12th March, 2003, 02:39 AM

Borich , Just out of curiosity , Does your ISP use DHCP(Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) or do you have Domain Name Service ? Have you tried power cycling your cable modem (unplug and push the reset button , usually do the latter with a toothpick) ? Are you using a router ? You could try removing the nic in device manager and rebooting and then reload drivers . Usually with a new setup I turn off everything on my network and turn them back on 1 at a time from the feed to the pc . As in modem , then router , then pc.
If you are using DHCP , have you tried release DHCP , then renew DHCP ?
bob
ps. check that you have the correct workgroup , windows in general puts in its own <MSHOME>.
THERMALRIGHT SLK900u 92mm Zalman fan, Enlight 420 watt, AIW 9000 Pro 64mb DDR agp4x, voltage mod 1.85v
Home made NB cooler
AOA Team fah

Last edited by timbob2469; 12th March, 2003 at 02:41 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th March, 2003, 04:53 AM

Send a message via ICQ to p0opyfac3 Send a message via AIM to p0opyfac3

i didnt read this post very well, but if you are having problems with yer onboard lan, all you have to do is:

goto start, run, type command, hit enter
type ipconfig /all, hit enter
read the first 6 numbers/characters in your physical address (xx-xx-xx)
then goto your 8rda+ bios and under input peripherals where it says mac address change it to where it says press enter under it

press enter, and add the 6 numbers from the physical address (without the -'s)
sparkle 400w power supply(12v/12a)
bfg asylum gf4 ti4600 335/760 *watercooled*
sb audigy platinum
maxtor 80gb ata133 8mb cache

whats your man got to do wit me?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th March, 2003, 03:02 PM

also if your on cable disconnect the power to the modem for 2 minutes,then plug back in .It sends for a new address and all is well.
2x Maxtor 80 gig DM9's SI raid0
2x Maxtor 60 gig DM9's Acard raid0
sk7 with 80 mm sunon
win 2000 pro