AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 16th March, 2003, 02:56 AM

Attn: Epox Tech & 8K9A2+ Owners assistance is required please

Can someone please assist with my ongoing 8K9A2+ problems.

System Details

System Purchased Feb 03.

8K9A2+
XP2400
512 Kingmax DDR400
80Gig Seagate V ATA133 Drive
330W True Power Antec PSU
Sony 16X DVD (IDE1 Master)
Geforce 1 (Card out of another System, tested and works OK)

Bios: 25/10/02 (Used up to 16th March 03) and 12/2/03 (Update 16th March 03)

During setup all Bios settings are default, with the exception of:

USB2 Disabled
Serial ATA Disabled
Epox Logo Disabled
CPU set to correct speed

System is not Overclocked!

Problem Details:

XP and XPSP1 just will not install on IDE3 without errors.

I have tried installing XP and XPSP1 on IDE 3 using both Bios revisions, I have tried using highpoint drivers from epox.com and also from highpoint.com by specifying the drivers during setup using F6.

Errors Experienced using 25/10 Bios:

One of the Files containing the systems registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful.

Errors Experienced using 12/2 Bios:

Could not load installer for Disk Drive

Could not load installer for Battery

Could not load installer for CDROM

Could not load System, data is invalid

I have also tried to install on IDE2, which works most of the time then install the HighPoint Drivers and shift back to IDE3.

Errors Experienced using 25/10 Bios:

One of the Files containing the systems registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful.

A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the licence for this computer. Error Code...

Between the Bios upgardes and between some of the installs I have cleared the CMOS and set only changed the bios settings outlined above.

I have tried to install XP, XPSP1, Dot.Net RC2 - Errors occur during all setups, with terminology varying between XP and Dot.Net. Essentially it the same errors though.

The disks have been checked with other installations and have worked fine with no errors.

I have tried reseating RAM and other cables, tried without any fan plugged into MB.

Only components connected to PSU are MB, DVD, HDD and CPU Cooler via 3-4Pin Adaptor with RPM adaptor, so as not to use MB power supply.

All files used to try and get it working have been downloaded from Epox.com, with the exception of one lot of HighPoint.com drivers I tried at one stage. Otherwise they are all from Epox.com

I look forward to a reply for the Epox Tech.

Thanks
Cormack

Last edited by Cormack; 16th March, 2003 at 04:45 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th March, 2003, 11:36 AM

i m in the same case.
can t make this board working with the system on the hpt raid
i m really fed up with this board because nobody could solve my problem.
i m thinking of selling this board and buyin a 8rda+ and a pci raid controller because this board seems to have a support from epox (and not the 8k9a2+)
Old 17th March, 2003, 04:34 PM

If your not using a raid array (2 or 4 hard drives) then don't use the raid slots (orange ones). I would make a single hard drive on IDE one as master and my cdrom on ide2 as master. turn off raid and serial ata controlers in bios if you are not using them for faster boot.
Old 17th March, 2003, 08:12 PM

you didn t understand
we want to use a raid array but it s impossible for us to install the os on the raid array.
it works fine when we use a single disk on ide 0 or ide1
but with a raid array no way
Old 18th March, 2003, 02:44 PM

Defeats the purpose of having the motherbaord just for sitting in the box it came with..
I had the same probs you, the only way around it is to take the drives off the raid. I bought my mobo in late jan / early feb.
I have tried every bios update to no avail.
I found that my raid controllers were corrupting my zip files etc while i had a drive sitting on the raid as a 3rd ide port.
So i had no real option other than to pull the board out and send it back. I wont know untill i get the replacement back to know if it was just a bad batch or what.
I wish i kept my 8k3A+, it was rock solid.
Such is life hey..