AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 16th March, 2003, 08:04 PM

Unhappy 8rda+ no boot post code 10

Do anyone know what post code 10 on the display on the mb means? I rebooted and then it would not start up any more.
It stops on code 10 and then starts with a loud beeping noise.
Please help
Old 16th March, 2003, 08:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to Invalid

post code 10 means, "Auto detect flash type to load appropriate flash R/W codes into the run time area F000 for ESCD & DMI support"

Ross
Old 16th March, 2003, 08:48 PM

Re: 8rda+ no boot post code 10

Quote:
Originally posted by knightfal
Do anyone know what post code 10 on the display on the mb means? I rebooted and then it would not start up any more.
It stops on code 10 and then starts with a loud beeping noise.
Please help
Hit reset and then immediately press the insert key on the keyboard and it should load defaults enough to get back into the BIOS and set things back a tad. You've probably set something too high and it's squealing cause of that! Quite an annoying siren, huh?
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th March, 2003, 08:51 PM

...have u tried resetting CMOS?...just a thought

Ross
Old 16th March, 2003, 10:41 PM

I tried to reset the bios but did not work, but when I pulled out the battery and the power cord and waited 5min, everything was back and up and running.
Tried setting the FSB to 230 but that did not work, and then this problem. I am now running 224 with VDD 1.82
Old 16th March, 2003, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by knightfal
and then this problem. I am now running 224 with VDD 1.82
why is that a problem ...u should feel lucky, i cant hit 200 with my VDD at 1.85v

Ross
Old 16th March, 2003, 10:52 PM

It's not a problem, I just wanted to go alittle higher, as every one I am happy, but I would like more speed.
I am now running my XP2400+ @ 2352 on the RDA+ but I am running on my other computer a XP2100 "b" on a ASUS A7V333
@ 2410 ( 14 * 172 ).
But as I know the XP2100 "b" is know to clock very well. But the memory performance of the KT333 is not that good.
Thanks for all the help guys...
Old 16th March, 2003, 10:56 PM

..what cooling do u have on ur NB/SB..you could push the VDD up to about 1.9 if you have good cooling...i wouldnt go any higher though, cus ive heard stories of resistors setting on fire :-S

good luck,

Ross
Old 16th March, 2003, 10:59 PM

also try disableing the "AGP Fastwrite" in BIOS...this works for some ppl...take a look at this page for some good tips if u havent seen it allready

www.8rda.com

Ross
Old 16th March, 2003, 11:03 PM

I am using the standard heatsink on the NB but have changed the termal paste to Shin-EtsuMicroSi ( www.microsi.com ) and added a fan on top. I have also put heatsinks on the MosFets and the SB. But I will also put some sinks on the other components that get hot.
Old 16th March, 2003, 11:07 PM

hmm...you should be allright with 1.90v then...might give u a slight increase...

Ross