AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th March, 2003, 08:37 PM

Smile Nforce 2 v2.03 drivers out for 98/Me

EDIT: They are now available from nvidias site using the download driver wizard at www.nvidia.com

They have the graphics driver seperate for 98se so it installs properly

They gave me a slight boost in the sound tests on 3d mark 03

They also have a slightly better audio configuration wizard.

Last edited by dan2097; 26th March, 2003 at 11:08 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th March, 2003, 06:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to ~crucibelle~

yay! thanks for the info, dan.

-jeanna

~EPoX 8RDA+ Rev. 1.0
~Athlon XP 1700+ Tbred @2100+ (10 x 175)
~256MB Crucial PC2700 + 256MB Samsung PC2100
~Dual Channel DDR, Sync
~Fortron FSP-60ATV 300 watt
~Win98SE
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th March, 2003, 10:04 AM
Banned

Nice to know that Nvidia didnt give up on 98se like M$ has.
Old 27th March, 2003, 04:52 PM

Actually, MS hasn't given up on Win98SE(no updates but at least all MS programs run OK), and neither have other chipset manufacturers, only nVIDIA.
Do you see any nForce2 IDE driver for Win9X yet ?
Old 27th March, 2003, 09:39 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandrus
Actually, MS hasn't given up on Win98SE(no updates but at least all MS programs run OK), and neither have other chipset manufacturers, only nVIDIA.
Well, technically, they've given up unless you pay them money for support. It's only a few months before MS will drop paid support for it as well. Fortunatly, there's not that much difference between Win98SE and WinME, so it's harder to make a program incompatible with Win98SE, and not WinME.

The original Win98 (Win98GE), however, is completely different. It doesn't support the newer WDM, so many drivers won't work under it.

Áedán
Old 28th March, 2003, 01:03 AM

I find it interesting that the nforce and nforce video drivers are combined into one package for 2k and XP, but for 98/ME they are seperate downloads.
Old 28th March, 2003, 09:01 AM

Quote:
I find it interesting that the nforce and nforce video drivers are combined into one package for 2k and XP, but for 98/ME they are seperate downloads.
I think thats because atleast for 98se they cant actually get the graphics driver to install along witht he motherboard driver probably (it errors and closes the installation). This bug was present in the v2.00 official release and you had to delete the graphics driver to even install it under 98se.

This explains why the MSI drivers worked for me as they did not have these graphics drivers as part of the installation.
Old 28th March, 2003, 09:54 AM

Why don't you all just upgrade to Windows XP instead of fighting with Windows 98se/ME?

Just a thought
Old 28th March, 2003, 11:08 AM

Many reasons.
Point is, drivers for Win9x/ME should be available, and should have been available from the start.
Old 28th March, 2003, 11:58 AM

Any problems with these drivers Alexandrus, any constructive imput would help.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Old 28th March, 2003, 07:52 PM

I agree with Alexandrus.I can't see why its so hard for Nvidia to write drivers for Windows 98 original.There must still be millions of people out there running win98.I am.It does everything i need it to do and is stable enough(for me)not to give me any reason to pop XP on.If they can write win98 drivers for the video cards why not the Nforce2 chipset.I still can't get the audio and ethernet to work.Bloody good board though.Would be better still with a bit more Vmem voltage.at 235Mhz fsb at the mo.Waiting for some Twinmos 3200.It didn't like the twimos 3700,had to rma it.Smiffy
Old 29th March, 2003, 12:16 AM

If I remember correctly 98se and ME both use WDM (and vxd) drivers. 98 however can only use vxd drivers. 2k/xp use WDM drivers so its easier to port them to the older WDM present on ME and 98se (WDM on 98se is marginally older than on ME) than rewrite them in vxd format.