AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th April, 2003, 03:59 AM

Problems with ATI PCI graphic card & 8RDA+

It works well (for Rage 3D), but i have problem with shoudown. I get BSOD and reboot. Any help?
Old 6th April, 2003, 04:05 AM

This sounds more software related than hardware
Old 6th April, 2003, 04:10 AM

Hm, really? AGP card works well, system shutes down. But i need PCI card, because my HIS r9000 PRO is very crapy (probably overheating).

i heard that s3 PCi video card doesent work with 8rda series. Does anyone have PCI card and the sistem shutes down correctly?
Old 6th April, 2003, 12:16 PM

i use a 9000pro and two ati rage pci cards sometimes. setting up the drivers is not so easy. if i remember correctly the latest catalyst3.2 drivers fail in 98se. i use slightly older drivers. more details of hardware and software config wuold be usefull
Old 6th April, 2003, 02:11 PM

If you installed the Nvidea drivers then you need to remove the nvagp file from your system drivers. This can be avoided by removing the agp driver from the unified drivers before installing
Old 6th April, 2003, 07:46 PM

My system: 8rda+, FSB 166, 0.5 GB 166 MHz Samsung, Win2k SP3.

Rage 3D installs corretcly (i386 drivers), problem is, that i get BSOD on shutdown and reboot.

This was on clean install (so no Detonators or Catalists).
Old 6th April, 2003, 10:41 PM

try newer drivers? you do have the nforce drivers from nvidia?
Old 6th April, 2003, 11:42 PM

Yes, the drivers are latest, 2.03.
Old 7th April, 2003, 02:46 AM

I had the same problem and it is in the unified drivers from Epox. To get around the problem you must extract the unified drivers paying attention to where they are extracted to. Remove the AGP driver before continuing with the installation, or if you have already installed the unified drivers you can go to the systems driver folder and remove the nvagp driver. This is an issue with everyone running a pci video card on these boards. I'll bet it shutdown fine before you installed the Epox unified drivers. If you can read the BSOD you will see that it says the nvagp driver is the problem
Old 7th April, 2003, 02:55 AM

Great!! I'll will delete nv_agp.sys.
Old 8th April, 2003, 04:35 PM

Just install normally, then go to System in Control Panel, then Devices, Select "AGP Bridge" and disable it. Reboot. Voila !