AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 15th April, 2003, 05:25 AM

Mounting holes on the 8RDA+

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pick the right plastic washers and stick in the standoff one by one. (AMD socket A motherboard has two different hole sizes for screw-through-motherboard mounting – 6mm and 4.2mm in diameter. For motherboards with 4.2mm holes, only one washer, the bigger one 7mm dia., is required. For 6mm holes, an extra plastic washer, the smaller one 5.8mm dia., is required on top of the bigger one.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question is, which size holes do the 8rda+ have... and does it really matter which ones i use? i aligned each washer, and their inner diameters are the same, its just the thickness and out diameters that differ. thanks! oh yea, its a thermalright slk-900, wat a monster...

ps just got my first system, trying to put it together wish me luck...
Old 15th April, 2003, 05:43 AM

Good questions. Welcome to the site!

I have the same monster on my 8RDA+ and without taking it off, I'll just have to try to remember! I'm using my 50 yearold brain (LOL) my memory is a skosh fuzzy! First look at the springs: Here is revision 1.0:

http://www.thermalright.com/images/0302_900u_1.gif

And here is Revision 1.1:

http://www.thermalright.com/images/0302_900u_2.gif

Hopefully you can see the difference will make the decision of washers more easy.

Hope this helps. Post back if you have anymore questions!

Here is a short picture of the mounting you should use:
Attached Images

ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!