AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 23rd April, 2003, 10:28 PM

gamma problem Radeon 9700 & 8RDA+ r1.1 due to AGP driver ??

I have asked Sapphire, who made my Radeon 9700, why the driver slider does not operate the gamma settings correctly.

They have stated it is a problem with the drivers for the nForce2 board made by Epox.

I am using 3305 BIOS and 2.03 nF2 drivers.

Can anyone confirm this and if so what is the workaround ?

thanks

Quote:
There are problems with earlier AGP driver for your mobo.

Last edited by Sylvester; 23rd April, 2003 at 10:30 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23rd April, 2003, 11:01 PM

Re: gamma problem Radeon 9700 & 8RDA+ r1.1 due to AGP driver ??

Quote:
Originally posted by Sylvester
I have asked Sapphire, who made my Radeon 9700, why the driver slider does not operate the gamma settings correctly.

They have stated it is a problem with the drivers for the nForce2 board made by Epox.

I am using 3305 BIOS and 2.03 nF2 drivers.

Can anyone confirm this and if so what is the workaround ?

thanks

when you say "it is a problem with the drivers for the nForce2 board made by Epox" do you think they mean its a epox driver version problem or a epox board problem"?

1. I dont think Epox make the drivers but nvidia do
2. THis is the first such problem that I have seen of this nature which makes it more likely to be the card

Only my first thoughts have you tried a different bios and nforce drivers?
Old 23rd April, 2003, 11:22 PM

no I haven't tried other versions because everthing else works and these are reputedly the most stable BIOS and latest nForce2 drivers. Additionally I do not believe Sapphire are right.

I have since discovered that the gamma slider does work in 3dMark03 but not in games like Renegade and Eve beta.

So the question is whether it is a problem with the ATI drivers or the games IMHO and there is no reason to suspect either the card or the mobo hardware since the gamma slider does work in at least one application and if they were not operating correctly it would not work at all. So it is driver compatibility and I know I am not the first person with a Radeon #### to complain about this issue. Whether it relates to the latest nForce2 AGP drivers I do not know.

I think it is something for ATI to fix because their drivers do not offer full gamma control outside the game environment, which is what the Detonator drivers do so you pick the gamma setting before you enter the game, not as elegant but it works.