AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th May, 2003, 08:08 PM

Question how do i match 8k9a2+ bios bin file for latest highpoint support ?

i have an 8k9a2+ and suffer from poor raid performance. there are also known issues with the drives i have on my raid controller. i dont have a need for high speed external usb drives so i was wondering if anyone could please instruct me on the utilities and process by which one can update the highpoint bios to the latest from a 8k9a2+ bios bin file and then flash and have everything work normally (except for high speed usb devices).

thank you
Old 7th May, 2003, 11:31 AM

the hpt-bios is included in the normal bios. i dont think that there is another way to flash the hpt bios without flashing the normal bios - i never found any solution in here

#specs
8k9a3+, AthlonTB 2400+, 512 Samsung DDR333, Terratec DMX xFire 1024, Maxtor 60gb/7200 on ATA-RAID, Enermax 365AX, DVD SD-1612, LiteOn 32*12*4
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 7th May, 2003, 02:32 PM

How about a few more specs. Which drives do you use. Which is the HPT BIOS version used in the 8K9A2+? There should be no great difference between 2.32 and 2.34.
I have the 8K5A2+ with two IBM drives. At the beginning they were working good but not to the max. The lack of performance resulted from not-activated bus parking.
By setting the correct registers with WCREDIT this bottleneck was gone.
I'm wondering why bus parking is not activated by default

Max
Old 7th May, 2003, 02:52 PM

i managed to add latest highpoint to the bios

using cbrom utility from award i had to give it a /pci parameter the rest was up to the programs and bios file.

can i activate bus parking on the bios ? and reflash ? tell me about this problem and how to use it to get better raid / system performance.

thank you