AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 16th December, 2001, 10:21 PM

Well I've tried a couple more times without success. I guess it was not as stable as I thought. Please advise on your thoughts! I think I am going to load 2K and try that out! I have a clearer picture on what I shpuld do and will squeeze it to see if I can get it to work.
Old 17th December, 2001, 02:43 AM

Loaded 2K and tried again with no luck. Not sure what happened? I may have some issues with my hardware namely my HD. I was stable for a couple days then boom no go after no use for a day. Well I am at 155 and it appears to be okay. My 3dMarks are not near what they were but it is working correctly! That's it for now if you guys have any ideas please advise and I will try them. Thanks for all the support to this point!
Old 17th December, 2001, 03:09 AM

cpufast
I would try it without the sb live sound card, this may be your problem. I run Win 2000 an found it was more stable for me than Win 98SE when overclocking. I use a MX 300 sound card an Win 2000 loads the drivers for it an never gives me a problem. I have changed the northbridge cooler to a modified celeron slot 1 heatsink. The heatsink already has hole predrilled in it an fits the hole pattern of northbridge perfectly. I just use radio shack thermal paste under it no as2.
http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2199753
Old 17th December, 2001, 03:29 AM

You really think that is it? When 3dmarks is running it is not using the soundcard. I don't have another one to toss in. Would it be better to use the onboard sound? It just froze on me and I am wondering really how good the ATI drivers are. What do you think about it possibly being my HD? I could strip the box and start from scratch again with only the video card and HD then take it step by step and see if it is something else. Any other suggestions for the bios settings? I could swap out the NB HSF for one like you have suggested.

LMK
Old 17th December, 2001, 03:44 AM

Write down each card an pci slot it is in, then pull out pci cards an test system. If it is stable, insert one pci card an test system. If one of them has a problem at the fsb you are running , you can find out which one it is by process of elimination.
Old 17th December, 2001, 03:51 AM

I was just thinking the same as it would be the thing to do. It could be the Sound Card as I've had it for 3 years and it has been through the OC'in ringer. I will get back with you as to what I find out. It may not happen until tomorrow. Thanks again for your help!
Old 18th December, 2001, 04:28 AM

Win XP,

Last night I was in at 170 in 2k and ran the burn in in Sandra Pro. It ran about 25 cycles which was enough for the CPU to level off at 37.1'C. I don't think cooling the chip is a problem as I have a OCH Reactor WB on it. I removed all but my Soundcard when doing this and it didn't hang. I then proceeded with some UT and it ran but was studdery like in XP when I was using it. Today I removed all the PCI cards and loaded 98SE then the other drivers (ATI 7206). I also increased the Trcd Timing from 2 to 3 to improve stabitlity. Okay I got up to 171 before the card started tweaking a little bit and backed it down to 170. Proceeded to OC the video card and at 285/285 it ran and I captured all the details for both you and Epox Tech (hope he read this). It wanted to hang so I lowered the PIO on the HD from Auto...4? to 3. I've done this before to get the drive stable. Well then I went to 292.5/292.5 and tried again it booted me out I am going to lower the OC on the card and try again. Then back down the bus and proceed with the cards. One by one..............Epox Tech what is the IRQ for each slot so I know what is shared. To my knowledge 1 is shared with AGP 2&3 are not shared, 4&5 are shared. Is this correct? I could also really use the bios tweaks you suggested offered yesterday Epox Tech, okay.

LMK
Old 18th December, 2001, 05:05 AM

You are doing good with that mobo. I run my nic in slot 3 an sound card in slot 4. Never give me any problems with Win 2000. The only thing I don't O/C my video cards, 3D Marks are unimportant to me.
Old 18th December, 2001, 08:38 AM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by WinXP
You are doing good with that mobo. I run my nic in slot 3 an sound card in slot 4. Never give me any problems with Win 2000. The only thing I don't O/C my video cards, 3D Marks are unimportant to me.
The amount of 3DMarks is unimportant to me, but the fact I can run it in a loop with my overclock is very important - the ultimate test of stability for all of the system Any one thing wrong and you'll get thrown out or locked up.
Old 18th December, 2001, 08:52 AM

If I can run Prime95 for 24 hrs. straight without a error it will pass 3d marks.
Old 18th December, 2001, 11:10 AM

Epox Tech,

How about those IRQ signings to the PCI Slots? I lowered the bus a couple more notches to 168 and upped the OC on the radeon to 297/297. I am still trying and maybe I should just be grateful with 290/290. Please advise.