AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 13th December, 2001, 07:43 AM

Will an antec 300 PSU work with the ep8kha+ MB?

Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself as this is my first time posting here. I am trying to decide which MB to get for my new Athlon XP rig I am building. I have heard some really positive things about the Epox boards, and while searching for info I stumbled across this forum. Like the subject says, I am wondering if I will have to upgrade my PSU if I go for the EP8kha+ board. I am going to be running a Athlon XP 1700+ and a FireGL8700 (based on Radeon 8500) graphics card, Western Digital 100gig 7200 hd, and 512 crucial DDR ram. Will the PSU put out enough juice to run everything? Also, just out of curiosity, what sort of FSB speeds would I likely be able to reach with the above combo? Is it reasonable to expect 200+fsb with the 3/4 memory divider? I already have some shims and an aftermarket 7500 rpm fan for my Athlon. Thanks in advance for any info....
Old 13th December, 2001, 08:59 AM
EPoX Tech

Firstly, welcome to the forums.

It would be my personal recommendation for this system to use a PSU of at least 350W (preferably 400W) with a combined power output of at least 195W which does appear on the AMD recommended PSU listings at AMD's website.
Old 13th December, 2001, 09:57 AM
eobard

1) Welcome.

2) Nice avatar.

3) Sorry, can't help you. (But you have a nice avatar.)