AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27th May, 2003, 08:06 PM

Where to plug "Line In" Device with 8RDA+ and Rear Speakers plugged in "Line In"

Hi,

I'm using the 8RDA+ and a 4.1 Soundsystem. The Front Speakers are jacked in the Green Port, the Rear Speakers are in the Blue (Line In) Port. Now, the problem is that i recently bought a TV-Card. The Sound from the card needs to be plugged in into the Line In of my Motherboard. I think you see the problem now...Is there a way to somehow "redirect" the Mic Port to be the Line In Port?

Thanks,

Thomas
Old 27th May, 2003, 08:10 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Depending on the TV card and it's software, you might be able to use the "AUX" connector on the motherboard. Some TV cards have internal as well as external connectors, which allows you to avoid the loop of wiring out the back of the machine.

Áedán
Old 27th May, 2003, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Áedán
Depending on the TV card and it's software, you might be able to use the "AUX" connector on the motherboard. Some TV cards have internal as well as external connectors, which allows you to avoid the loop of wiring out the back of the machine.

Áedán
there sadly is no "aux" connector on the TV-Card.
Old 27th May, 2003, 08:56 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Clipse Send a message via MSN to Clipse

cant a spdif bracket fix this for u? if so, build ur own one :-)

check out motherboardfaqs.com for more info.

Athlon 64 4000+ @ 3Ghz 1.65v (300x10 , 3.5x HTT)
SHUTTLE XPC N26P NFORCE4 SLI
2x MSI 7800GTX 512MB @ 620/1880 each
2x 1GIG Kingmax Hardcore @ DDR600 2.9v

OLD

Athlon 64 3000+ Venice @ 2.7Ghz 1.5v (300x9 , 3x HTT)
MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum Nforce 3 Ultra
Leadtek Geforce 6800 Ultra @ 480/1300
2x 512MB Kingmax Hardcore @ DDR500 2.7v
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th May, 2003, 09:46 PM

I personally used the audio cable to my cd rom and plugged that internally into the Aux port and the tv card.

EDIT: to clarify the aux connector is on the motherboard. The old cables you use between cd drives and the sound card can be usd between the AUX port and most tv cards.

If you dont have a microphone you should be able to plug it into the microphone socket. That worked on mine (till i realised i could hook it up internally). The tv card software would have to be cable of being told where the audio is coming in from but i think most can do that.
Old 27th May, 2003, 10:00 PM

I'd have no problem using the microphon jack for it. But isn't the mic port pre-amplipfied in some way? If no, what about the frequency charateristics? Is it the same as the line in port?

I know guys, a lot questions, but you're really helping me here.

Thomas
Old 27th May, 2003, 10:13 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Yes, the microphone input has a preamp on it. If you're not using the AUX connector on the motherboard (next to the CD-Audio connector), then this is probably the best bet.

If your TV card has no audio connector internally (usually looks like a CD-ROM audio connector), then you may have to make a lead up to do the work.

Áedán
Old 27th May, 2003, 10:17 PM

AFAIK theres no difference between the line in and microphone except that the microphone port can be amplified. Under the nforce audio control panel where the microphone volume can be adjusted there are tick boxes for boost and mute. If you wanted to use the microphone socket youd want it both not muted (the tv card only should send audio information while you using it so this is not a problem) and as you say not boosted.

For more information on the information between the two ports you 'll have to wait for more responses, although if you can rigging it up internally is more convenient

EDIT:
Quote:
Yes, the microphone input has a preamp on it.
You sure about that isnt the boost toggled through volume control/nforce control panel?

Not to put you off using aux I actually get slight interference from it through the front speakers somehow. A sort of blipping noise when the volume is high and your not playing anything. It goes away virtually once aux volume is reduced

Last edited by dan2097; 27th May, 2003 at 10:20 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th June, 2003, 10:19 PM

MegaManX4
Did you ever try or get this problem solved. I have the exact same issue?