AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 7th June, 2003, 06:53 PM

NForce Drivers 2.05

hi all

here some info taken from 8rdafaq.com:

"One of Soltek's (another nForce2 motherboard manufacturer) websites has posted v2.05 nForce2 drivers, dated 5/28/03. I looked through them and saw a few new files, but no major changes from 2.03. This appears to be more of a bugfix type download, not completely new drivers. Noteworthy changes include different files in the IDE and sound sections, and a few other additional files with newer dates. Strangely, the driver versions shown in the readme remain the same. Any brave souls care to try them? Only english versions are available right now, and thanks to zoneg for sending in this info."

nForce2 WinXP 2.05 at http://www.soltek.de/downloads/drive...none/WinXP.zip
nForce2 Win2K 2.05 at http://www.soltek.de/downloads/drive...none/Win2k.zip
nForce2 Win9X 2.05 at http://www.soltek.de/downloads/drive...one/Win98x.zip

hope thats no hoax

cheers

dudee
Old 8th June, 2003, 01:06 AM

any1 installed it? whats new?
Old 8th June, 2003, 03:05 AM

No, You go first!

I had to RMA my rda+ last week, got 2 more weeks of waiting.
eVGA 6800GT
Antec 430 TruePower
1-WD800JB PATA
2-WD800JD SATA
Yadda, yadda, yadda
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 8th June, 2003, 03:28 AM

theres a little info here but its not epox specific.

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/view...19815&start=15
Old 8th June, 2003, 03:53 AM

I never had on board sound problems with my old 8RDA+1.1 just wished Epox wound fully utilize Soundstorm instead relying on the Realtek chip for digital to analog conversion. Looks like epox is dropping Soundstorm for the (yuk) C-Media.
No telling what sound codec Epox is using on the 8RDA+ V2.0
eVGA 6800GT
Antec 430 TruePower
1-WD800JB PATA
2-WD800JD SATA
Yadda, yadda, yadda
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 8th June, 2003, 08:16 AM

I'm not an EPoX 8RDA+ owner anymore (I had a bad board) but I do have an Abit NF7-S now and I have tried the 2.05 drivers.

I posted some info about what I found over at the nforcershq.com forums. First of all, let me say that the install program crashed when I tried these out. I tested the install a second time after I restored my Windows XP backup partition but it still crashed. I was able to install the drivers eventually. Click on the link above to find out more on installing the drivers.

Basically, I am pretty sure that the 2.05 drivers are almost exactly like the 2.03 drivers except that the IDE drivers are different. The IDE drivers are the standard drivers that were available with the 2.41 set if you declined to install the Nvidia IDE SW drivers. Before I tried the 2.05 unified drivers, I had the 2.41 drivers installed with the regular IDE drivers (MCP2) installed. Those drivers along with the latest audio driversfrom Windows Update are newer than these 2.05 ones.

I ended up going back to my previous setup.

BTW, I actually ended up removing the MCP2 IDE drivers later and just using the Standard IDE drivers that came with Windows XP. Everything seemed to be running fine except for one tiny problem. Whenever I world try to play a Quicktime movie, I would get a very slight audio/video sync problem that became more noticeable the longer the video clip was. I found that replacing the MCP2 IDE drivers with the Standard IDE drivers fixed it.

Last edited by Daniel ~; 14th June, 2003 at 08:52 AM.
Old 8th June, 2003, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bETAbILLY
I never had on board sound problems with my old 8RDA+1.1 just wished Epox wound fully utilize Soundstorm instead relying on the Realtek chip for digital to analog conversion. Looks like epox is dropping Soundstorm for the (yuk) C-Media.
No telling what sound codec Epox is using on the 8RDA+ V2.0
nearly all the boards utilise the realtek PHY as the source of output from the MCP-T the only thing NOT sounsdstorm on the 8rda+ is tha lack of SPDIF panel which can be bought seperately

ABIT AN7 2500xp-m @ 2.8ghz (H20-220 WC) , 1GB Twinmos PC3200, Radeon 9800pro(XT flashed)

Old 14th June, 2003, 08:47 AM

My other machine is a ****

I loaded the 2.05 drivers last night and it all seems stable. Cant say what isues are addressed in the later driver.
The only thing I did was run the full 3DMark2001SE and it was smooth and fast.

Last edited by Daniel ~; 14th June, 2003 at 08:53 AM.
Old 14th June, 2003, 08:49 AM

This is the readme from the drivers.

This nForce WinXP driver package contains the below components:

Audio driver 3.17 (WHQL'd)
Audio utilities 3.17
Network driver 3.13 (WHQL'd)
GART driver 2.78 (WHQL'd)
SMBus driver 2.75 (WHQL'd)
Memory controller driver 2.75 (WHQL'd)
IDE driver 2.70 In The Box (WHQL'd)
IDE driver 3.07 Full Driver
Display Drivers 41.13 (WHQL'd)
Installer 3.22
Old 14th June, 2003, 09:36 AM

This time MSI is at it, their direct update driver thing offers a "2.78" nforce driver. It's also been posted on my front page

(direct link) http://www.motherboardfaqs.com/Main_...ce2_xp_278.zip

main differences are a newer audio driver and no option to install the sw ide driver (automatically installs the correct one)