AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 15th June, 2003, 05:36 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jconforti

8RDA+ w/ Ultra 400 Chipset...Where to get?

The Epox Tech said that the C1 and the Ultra 400 were two different chipsets, but where can I get the ultra 400 chipset version?

Anyone know where they are available?

Lets NOT turn this into another revision 2.0 discussion... There is a ultra 400 chipset version, and it is NOT a revision 2.0. So before it starts, lets keep the 2.0 speculation and theory in the other threads, and keep this focused on my question.
Old 15th June, 2003, 05:40 PM

was this the one you were looking for? http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?a...0&GrpID=5&s=pl
Old 15th June, 2003, 05:54 PM
Banned

That would appear to be the one, but I am in the US. Can I get one here?
Old 15th June, 2003, 06:04 PM

Since I am in Uk and dont use US stores I cant help u d00d.
Old 15th June, 2003, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by rooney
Since I am in Uk and dont use US stores I cant help u d00d.
Thanks for checking tho, its appreciated. :beer:
Old 16th June, 2003, 02:58 AM
Banned

Any of our brothers from the UK want to send me one?
Old 16th June, 2003, 06:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to DisposableHero

i heard newegg has all c1 mobos now

| AMD XP 1700+ @ 2.75 2.05v | Prometeia | Epox 8RDA+ | 512m Corsair DDR @ 211 DC | ATi 9500 @ 9700 - 400/630 | Antec sx1040b | 80gig WD |

-METALLICA-
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th June, 2003, 06:12 AM
Banned

True...

But I don't want a C1, I want the Ultra 400. There is a difference. The C1 has ultra 400 support, but there is one in the UK that has an "ultra 400" Northbridge.

The Epox Tech verified that they are in fact, two different boards.
Old 16th June, 2003, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jconforti
True...

But I don't want a C1, I want the Ultra 400. There is a difference. The C1 has ultra 400 support, but there is one in the UK that has an "ultra 400" Northbridge.

The Epox Tech verified that they are in fact, two different boards.
If you allow me to add to the discussion, what we still need is for someone who has bought from komplett's in the last few days to tell us exactly what 8rda+ they got ;

1/. a revision 1.1 with a C1/A3 stepping northbridge that supports ultra 400.

2/. a revision other than 1.x with a C1/A3 stepping northbridge that supports ultra 400 and more importantly the board officially supports ultra 400.

| Abit NF7-S V 2.0 | 1.8v Vdd (modded) | XP 1700+ DLT3C 0319 1.95v @ 2495 Mhz 217 x 11.5 |
| 2 x 256 TwinMos w/ Winbond BH-5 DC 10,2,2,Cas2 @ 3.0v Vdimm (modded) |
| Connect3d ATI Radeon 9800 Pro | Innovatek Water Cooled CPU & NB, actively cooled SB |
| Adaptec 39160 | Seagate Cheetah ST318406LW | ST336706LW | Lite-on CDRW |

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th June, 2003, 02:35 PM
Banned

*EDIT*
Your post are as unhelpful as they get. Read our rules, follow them or leave.

Last edited by Daniel ~; 19th June, 2003 at 07:43 PM.
Old 19th June, 2003, 03:14 PM

Quote:
All these stupid posts in all the forums saying "revision 2.0 is on sale!", rev 2.0 is out", blah blah blah...

I just want a rev 1.1 Ultra 400 which the Epox tech CLAIMS is out there, and no one can even help me find one of those, let alone the BS rev 2.0 which is apparently out in Europe and NOT here in the US.

The Epox Tech refuses to address any questions regarding either, and the dumb a$$ Epox web sites say NOTHING about boards that are being sold in some places. WHY?

Sell crap and refuse to talk about it or even acknowledge its existence?

Come on Epox, stop the cryptic BS and just be honest (try something new).
John,

I think it curteous not to refer to any post in this forum as "stupid".

Also I'm 99% sure that a rev1.1 with a A1/C1 stepping NB is the same as a rev1.1 ultra 400 chipset...since this is the northbridge that my Ultra 400 8RDA3+ came with, and haveing read a few of the threads it would seem Newegg is a good place to start for these.

Also to be fair, the EPoX techs here represent EPoX UK so (correct me if I'm wrong) are unable to answer questions regarding availability of products in the US.

Just my 2 pence worth.

| Abit NF7-S V 2.0 | 1.8v Vdd (modded) | XP 1700+ DLT3C 0319 1.95v @ 2495 Mhz 217 x 11.5 |
| Connect3d ATI Radeon 9800 Pro | Innovatek Water Cooled CPU & NB, actively cooled SB |

Old 19th June, 2003, 04:29 PM

It's been my experience that epox techs aren't allowed to give solid answers to 90% of the questions asked. But this is understandable, because they are bound by all sorts of rules and contracts, and could be potentially risking their job if they accidentaly give some bad info. Don't worry about it

The A1/C1 northbridge is no different from the "ultra 400" in any way, and boards with the A1/C1 even say ultra 400 @ the post screen with the latest bios update. The difference is that the v2.0 "officially" has this chipset, and v1.1 does not. Most major retailers should have nothing but A1/C1 by now. I know for sure that newegg does, but I haven't kept up to date with reports from others.
Old 19th June, 2003, 05:25 PM

Quote:

No, according to the Epox tech, there is a rev 1.1 with the A1/C1 NB, and a Rev 1.1 with the Ultra 400 NB (says ultra 400 on the NB). No mention of a rev 2.0 other than he denied that there is one.

Post screen means jack, my A2 says Ultra 400 support as well (thanks to the newer BIOSs), but its still an A2.

As far as Epox is concerened, if you are selling something, then you can talk about it... Thats just plain $#%^ing stupid to sell something and have your tech deny its existence.

Where is technical support for a covert product????????
Having an Ultra 400 northbridge won't gain you anything support wise since the rev1.1 8RDA+ motherboard itself does'nt support it.

This is one of the main differences between the 8RDA3+ & possilbly the rev 2.0, all the latest versions share a common NB, but not all boards are certified for 200Mhz FSB even if the NB is.

At the end of the day EPoX or any other MB manufacturer for that matter do not make the nforce2 chipsets.

And as far as I know the nforce2 chipsets past or present are A3, A2 and A1/C1 or sometimes refered to as crush 18D

Old 19th June, 2003, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Just going by what the Epox Tech told me. I was under the impression that the A1/C1 was the most recent 8RDA+ 1.1 board, he claims there is an ultra 400 version that is different from the C1 and it is NOT a Rev 2.0. No way to verify that either way.

What I meant was (as far as support), there are in fact Rev 2.0 boards out there in the UK, Germany, Italy, and Malaysia. If you are lucky to have one, how can you go to a company that sells something for tech support if you need it, when they in fact deny making it? (hense: COVERT product)

See what I am getting at? Sell something but publically deny its existence?

WHY? thats the question.
Now I grant you ET was'nt very forth coming with info regarding the rev2.0, and can only assume that he was bound to this by company policy.

However we had the following comment straight from the horses mouth by Holst (also a representitive of EPoX UK) on this thread.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holst
I got my rev2 today.
They will be into UK distribution fairly soon.

I havent fitted it yet, I might do later on tonight.

Its too hot to be overclocking ATM anyway
And to answer why....rev1.1 still about ?

Old 19th June, 2003, 07:41 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
The EPoX Tech always avoids this question. I don't know why we can't just have a straignt answer.
Perhaps because you haven't been paying attention! Please read our forum rules.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 19th June, 2003, 07:51 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

jconforti, either adopt a more congenial manner, or your gone. You constant crying does nothing to better this forum.
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 19th June, 2003, 08:32 PM
Banned

I'm not crying about anything.

All I said is, if a company (any company for that matter), is actually selling something, what could be the reason they refuse to acknowledge it? Thats all.

If Ford starts selling a new model in a limited regional area, they won't very well deny that it exists.

I havent had much interaction with the Epox Tech, I am going by all the posts I have read where different people have asked questions and have been given cryptic answers.

Now, the ET did tell me that there is a 1.1 with a A1/C1 NB, and there is a Ultra 400 NB and that they are in fact not the same, and that they are both 1.1's. Thats all I said. But yet I cannot get any more information on that. I thought that the C1 WAS the same as the Ultra 400, but he corrected me and told me there is a difference.

I just want to find more info, thats all. And as Holst and others have started to obtain the Rev 2.0's, and retailers in Germany, Italy, UK, etc have them and are selling them, doesnt it baffle anyone else as to why they refuse to admit it exists?

How am I crying? Its a very good question.

I havent been nasty, I have not flamed anyone, used any bad language, etc.. just seeking the answer to a reasonable question.

I was given partial info, I just want to have a better understanding. Is this not the place to obtain that knowledge?

Last edited by jconforti; 19th June, 2003 at 08:35 PM.
Old 19th June, 2003, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
*EDIT*
Your post are as unhelpful as they get. Read our rules, follow them or leave.
ouch!

One of my recent posts was placed on the forum's front page by you as a "great find", ie: the 8rda+ BIOS page.

You thought that was quite helpful.

My quest for an answer may not be "helpful" to everyone, but the answer itself may be.
Old 19th June, 2003, 08:50 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

If your think you haven't flamed anyone, your days here are numbered and in short supply. Give it a rest or your gone. I don't know how to say this any plainer. I'm not in the mood to argue this with you.

Post in a derogatory manner concerning ET or EPoX again in this topic and your gone.

And no, everyone else realizes the board will get here when it does, that ET tells us what his position allows him to. Finale warning.

I have no doubt that you have a fine contribution to make to AOA. But if you continue in the manner of this thread that contribution will come at to great a price. The rules are there for everyone to follow.

Your badgering ET and EPoX violates those rules.
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Last edited by Daniel ~; 19th June, 2003 at 08:53 PM.
Old 19th June, 2003, 08:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel ~
If your think you haven't flamed anyone, your day here are numbered and in short supply. Give it a rest or your gone. I don't know how to say this any plainer. I'm not in the mood to argue this with you.

Post in a derogatory manner concerning ET or EPoX again in this topic and your gone.

And no, everyone else realizes the board will get here when it does, that ET tells us what his position allows him to. Finale warning.
Daniel,

I am not asking about the Rev 2.0, in my first post in this thread I even made that clear. The original question was concerning a rev 1.1 variant that ET TOLD me does exist and I was trying to find out more about it. Look back at the very first post.

The subject of the 2.0 came up as it always does in confusion with what I asked.

I am not trying to be troublesome, I was actually asking for more info on something ET TOLD me, thats all. I know the 2.0 will get here when it gets here, no sooner.

My question revolved around a 1.1 model.