AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 7th July, 2003, 03:01 PM

Exclamation How many others have have had their 8RDA3+ fail?

By fail, I mean that it ceases to POST. I had mine for about 3 days. I had just finished optimizing for the sweet spot (for me it was using an XP2400 at 215x10 @ 2.65V; NB @ 1.8V; memory 2-7-3-3 @2.77V). I had run many loops of Sandra stress testing and both flavors of 3DM and it was quite stable and cool running. The next morning, it would not boot. The diagnostic LED would stay on "FF". I verified that my silver box power supply was working properly (Antec 350). I also probed the cpu core supply (I measured 1.68V). I sent it back to the vendor (New Egg) for replacement (it should be here tomorrow). I recommended this board to a former professor and he purchased on as well. His POSTed three times and then had the same type of failure. His board was also purchased from NewEgg. I am curious if many others have had this type of failure. Who was the vendor?

I am a big believer in EPOX boards. Currently I have 2x 8RDA+ and 2x 8KHAL. I previously owned several K6 boards as well. They have all always been quite stable, feature rich and affordable. I am wondering of the above failures are coincidence or some assembly problem.
Old 7th July, 2003, 05:09 PM

I had the C1 error alot . had to boot 10 times to get around it .
removing battery worked for me .

it still crashed every 2- 3 hours tho
not even had a chance to OC it at all
Old 7th July, 2003, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSavage
I had the C1 error alot . had to boot 10 times to get around it .
removing battery worked for me .

it still crashed every 2- 3 hours tho
not even had a chance to OC it at all
Actually, I was more curious to see how many have had a total failure to POST problem. Thanks for your reply though.